- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Apply By: Friday October 7, 2022
Start Date: November 2022
Job Type: Full-time, 2-year Contract
Location: Greater Toronto Area/Remote
About Tapestry Community Capital
Tapestry Community Capital is a social purpose organization which supports co-ops, nonprofits, and charities in structuring, raising, and managing community investment. The investment funds are used to finance the purchase, development or major renovation of a capital asset that will benefit the organization and the community it serves.
Since 1998, the Tapestry team has supported some of Canada’s most prominent social enterprises in successful community financing campaigns.
We have worked with organizations across multiple sectors, from renewable energy to social purpose real estate, in raising and managing $80 million in community investment from thousands of Canadians. We consult with organizations by structuring their investment, supporting their team to raise funds, and providing back-office support to manage assets reliably and professionally.
Tapestry is looking for a creative and results-driven coordinator to assist the Campaigns team in supporting clients throughout the various stages of their community bond investment campaign.
The Campaign Coordinator role is multi-dimensional and requires an individual who can coordinate various assignments, is flexible, and is willing to challenge themselves at a higher level. If you are a strong communicator, well organized, with a “can-do” attitude, inspired by environmental, social and charitable causes, and interested in supporting a dynamic team in a non-profit setting, we want to hear from you!
This role reports to the Senior Campaign Manager. However, we are cross-functional and highly collaborative by design, and the Campaign Coordinator will have many touchpoints with the entire team and our clients.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Campaigns Team in planning & executing successful community bond campaigns, including developing the strategy to meet each client's unique needs, and preparing comprehensive sales and marketing plans.
- Assist in preparing client presentations, marketing collaterals, investor documents and sales reports.
- Coordinate each phase of the client campaign. Schedule regular client meetings and training sessions and ensure project updates are well documented.
- Support onboarding clients by setting up their Google folders, project management board,
- CRM system, and other software tools.
Important to have:
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field, or applicable experience
- 2 - 3 years of experience in account management or marketing/communications role with increasing responsibility
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Graphic design skills
- Familiarity with project management tools, CRM platforms, email systems, website platforms, digital marketing and analytics
- Experience building & implementing successful sales and marketing campaigns: digital advertising, social media, email, events, public relations, traditional marketing
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in online marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills; superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Emotional intelligence to share feedback, coordinate teams with different personalities, and proactively identify issues
- Excellent organizational skills, flexible, self-motivated
Awesome to have:
- Knowledge of social enterprise and social finance
- Financial literacy: investments, financial statements, budgets
- Bilingual (English with some level of written/oral French proficiency).
- Work experience in a consultancy or agency
- Experience in fundraising and/or community organizing
- Familiarity with PR/Media relations
- Knowledge of website content management systems
What we can offer you:
- Flexible, remote working environment – we are results-oriented and instill
- immense trust in our team
- 3 Weeks paid vacation plus a week of rest before each New Year
- A Comprehensive Health & Benefits Program and RRSP-matching plan
- Opportunity to participate in and shape the growth of a unique, impactful,
- community-oriented social purpose organization
- Opportunity and support for career growth, professional development, and
- continuous learning
Tapestry Community Capital enables a diverse range of social enterprises to raise the capital they need to scale their impact. Through the use of a proven social finance tool,
called a Community Bond, we help them to elevate their strong base of
supporters to become proud community investors.
Our clients are non-profits, charities, and co-operatives located in
communities across Canada. They are actively engaged in the spheres of
affordable housing, sustainable food production, community hubs, arts &
culture spaces, co-working centres and renewable energy.
We consult with organizations every step of the way to make their investment
campaigns a success and help bring their dream projects to life.
Starting with workshops, we help them assess the feasibility of their project.
Next we assist in preparing their campaign for launch and actively supporting
their team to reach their investment goal. Finally, we provide the back-office
support to manage their investors reliably and professionally.
Our office is based out of a beautiful co-working space in downtown Toronto.
Our team is currently working virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.