- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Parliamentary Officer Recruitment
November 2019- June 2020
Do you want to change the world – and get paid to do work that inspires you and others? Join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers and help make change possible.
We are a national grassroots advocacy organization that is committed to creating the political will to end extreme poverty and to educating and supporting Canadians to become effective and powerful advocates for change. We believe that a world free of poverty is possible, that proven solutions exist, and that together we can generate powerful results.
This position will be responsible for supporting all facets of our parliamentary work including assisting in engagement strategies, building and maintaining relationships with elected officials and supporting our citizen advocates to engage with their MPs.
This positon will report to the Parliamentary Affairs Manager and is an 8 month term. Position will be full time (37.5 hours/week), based in downtown Ottawa, ON.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Parliamentary Affairs, build sustainable relationships with elected and appointed government officials and staff to promote the mandate of RESULTS Canada
- Support strategies and tactics for strengthening our existing relationships with MP champions, as well as cultivating new champions in Parliament
- Develop and produce advocacy resources and materials to support RESULTS Canada campaigns on global health and education
- Collaborate with other RESULTS Canada colleagues to support the achievement of broader organizational goals
- Manage the contacts database for both staff and citizen advocate interactions with MPs and other government stakeholders
- Other duties as required
- Minimum BA in international development/affairs, public policy, public health, political science or other related fields.
- Knowledge of government relations, advocacy, and political outreach in Canada
- Experience with meeting and event coordination
- Experience working with volunteers, citizen advocates and/or community groups
- Excellent organizational skills, goal-oriented and proactive
- Proven written and oral communications skills
- Bilingual in English and French is strongly preferred
- Experience of advocacy, lobbying or influencing work in Canada
- Experience working in coalitions or network
- Ability to report on project advancement (track project goals)
Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you are a suitable candidate.
Please email your application by October 7th 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include the title of the position (Parliamentary Officer) in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We value people that are efficient and inspiring to the team that surrounds them. We are an organization that is compassionate about people living in poverty as well as those that work and volunteer with us. We are genuine about wanting the recognition on those we empower, so if you are a positive person and have the energy and assertiveness to help everyday people take action to end extreme poverty, we would love for you to join us.
RESULTS Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
Results is a global movement of passionate citizens committed to raising our voices for a world without extreme poverty. We leverage resources for programs and improved policies that give people living in poverty the health, education and opportunity they need to thrive. www.resultscanada.ca