Church Mobilization Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- London, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Are you the candidate we are seeking?
Do you have a passion for the mission that Christ gave His Church and a desire to use your skillset and knowledge to help protect the poor from violence in developing countries? Does the idea of being a church mobilization coordinator who provides outstanding support to help drive the mission excite you? If so, you may be the candidate we are seeking!
International Justice Mission Canada is part of a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. The largest organization of its kind, IJM combats slavery, sex trafficking, sexual violence, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence in 17 communities throughout Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
IJM Canada is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Church Mobilization Coordinator, to provide cross-departmental support for the Church Mobilization team. The major functions of this position revolve around support for all aspects of church activity, event, campaign and program planning, and execution as well as church engagement with the goal of enabling and equipping the National Director of Church Mobilization and Directors of Development and Mobilization to effectively mentor, lead and create in-depth partnerships with Canadian churches. The Church Mobilization Coordinator will assist in building a movement of churches which integrate justice into the discipleship DNA of their congregation, and support IJM’s work. This position involves working with confidential and sensitive information in a fast-paced professional environment.
This is a full-time salaried position based at IJM Canada in London, Ontario that will report to the National Director of Church Mobilization and work closely with the Development Program Team
Areas of Responsibility:
- Support IJM Canada’s church mobilization efforts by monitoring, tracking and reporting on church engagement through speaking engagements and other church programs that are intended to deepen the church’s commitment and understanding of biblical justice through the work of IJM;
- Coordinate the creation and development of tools and resources that will help facilitate the implementation and ongoing success of church related programs;
- Coordinate with the marketing team and the National Director of Church Mobilization to provide programmatic and project management for IJM Canada’s annual Freedom Sunday campaign, the annual Jesus + Justice Conference as well as other church related events. This includes advance planning, project management, on-site management and coordination with IJM Global;
- Coordinate all incoming requests for church speaking engagement, facilitate pre-event planning discussions with key church contacts, recruit volunteers as required and ensure that IJM speakers have the resources they need;
- Provide administrative support for the National Director of Church Mobilization including, but not limited to travel arrangements, monthly expense reports and other administrative support as needed;
- Collect and report monthly statistics that relate to church mobilization efforts;
- Create resources and provide support for denominational and church-to-field partnerships;
- Assist on-site at Development and Church Mobilization events and interact with attendees;
- Data entry using Raiser’s Edge software;
- Work with the National Director of Church Mobilization to build a robust strategy for acquiring and retaining committed Prayer Partners through events, resources, campaigns, and engagement. Coordinating Praying for Justice events will be included in this role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Business or a related field is an asset.
- Expertise working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in planning and managing events.
- Experience using Raisers Edge is an asset.
- Project management experience or training is an asset.
- Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Affirm the importance of justice being central to our Christian faith.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
Why IJM Canada?
- We offer a generous compensation plan;
- We offer the chance to work in an engaged and positive work culture where employees are valued;
- We offer coaching, professional and personal development, and staff care;
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the world;
- We are more than a workplace. We strive to be a community of spiritual formation, helping our staff work out God’s call to justice in their lives.
- Position reports to the National Director of Church Mobilization.
- Position based at IJM Canada headquarters in London, Ontario.
- Applications accepted until June 7, 2019 – target start date July 2019. We thank all applicants for their submission however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
- IJM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, please send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
International Justice Mission Canada
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 336, STN B
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM Canada. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current faith community.