Associate, Social Impact
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- For profit
About this position
The Associate, Social Impact, supports the Social Impact Practice Team by managing the administrative responsibilities of the business unit including donation/social investment coordination and tracking, building internal and client-facing reports, and managing contracts and payment of invoices. In addition to administrative responsibilities the Associate will be asked to assist with planning and managing events and meetings, undertaking research related to foundation/client interests, and overseeing in-house programs like the Generation Capital employee charitable matching program. There is opportunity for growth in this role in both work complexity and responsibility.
The Right Candidate:
You have at least 2 years’ experience building your skills in a formal work environment. You have a passion for social change and want to be part of a hard-working, progressive and collaborative team. You are a doer. You enjoy executing strategy and may have some basic project management experience. You take pride in managing the details and produce high quality outputs whether they be effective meetings, simple reporting or email communications with clients. At a minimum, you are eager to learn and build your skills and experience in the field of philanthropy.
- Administers and tracks charitable donations, sponsorships, and impact investments.
- Develops annual reporting schedules for each client group and internal partners (finance); liaises with external partners for reporting information based on reporting schedules.
- Develops and maintains procedures, standards and processes related to data collection and management for all client groups served by the Social Impact Practice.
- Develops and maintains procedures, standards and processes related to client and internal reporting on behalf of the Social Impact Practice.
- Maintains detailed files that track key data such as – actual donations and projected donations by client, source of funds, portfolio area, scheduled payment date, charitable contact information, tax status, etc.
- Works with internal partners (finance, etc.) to ensure funds reach intended organizations according to documented donation/payment schedule
- Develops template letters and draft donation letters to accompany funds and others forms of correspondence, as required.
- Manages office files for the Social Impact Practice.
- Creates, edits and updates presentation materials and other communications assets.
- Coordinates, tracks and files Social Impact Practice related invoices for payment (i.e. consulting services etc.).
- Plans and manages events and meetings for the Social Impact Practice including drafting invitations, preparing materials, managing catering.
- Leads projects such as development or updating of websites, communications assets, tool implementation.
- Coordinates and provides oversight on small funding programs managed on behalf of foundations/clients.
- Manages Generation Capital’s charitable matching program including outreach to co-workers, oversight, and coordination of donations, tracking and reporting to the Vice-President, Social Impact and the CEO.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Hiring salary range (dependent on experience) $50,000 - $65,000 per year
- Health and Dental Group Benefits
- 15 vacation days per year
- RRSP matching program (after 6 months of employment)
The Social Impact Practice is one of several business units within Generation Capital, a private wealth management firm located near Bloor and Avenue Road in Toronto, Ontario. The Social Impact Practice is responsible for managing the philanthropic and impact investment-related activities of our different clients. The office is small and team-oriented. We work closely with our colleagues in an open and supportive office environment.