- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Impact Investing
- Company Type
About this position
Apply By: December 31, 2022
Start Date: January 2023
Job Type: Full-time, 2-year Contract
Location: Greater Toronto Area/Remote
About Tapestry Community Capital
Tapestry Community Capital is a social purpose organization which supports co-ops, nonprofits, and charities in structuring, raising, and managing community investment. The investment funds are used to finance the purchase, development or major renovation of a capital asset that will benefit the organization and the community it serves.
Since 1998, the Tapestry team has supported some of Canada’s most prominent social enterprises in successful community financing campaigns.
We have worked with organizations across multiple sectors, from renewable energy to social purpose real estate, in raising and managing $90 million in community investment from thousands of Canadians. We consult with organizations by structuring their investment, supporting their team to raise funds, and providing back-office support to manage assets reliably and professionally.
Tapestry is looking for a diligent and results-driven analyst to assist the Impact Investment Manager with transaction management, client management and reporting.
This role will suit individuals who are organized and are quick learners, as we are a small team that manages multiple streams. We are also looking for a client-focused individual with experience in business communications. Finally, it is important that you can appreciate the regulated nature of what we do, follow protocols, and asks questions to gain clarity! If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
The Investment Analyst reports to the Impact Investment Manager. However, we are crossfunctional and highly collaborative by design, and the role will have many touchpoints with the entire team and our clients.
What you will be doing:
- Create and update reporting for clients, as well as stakeholders within Tapestry.
- Process membership forms and investment applications.
- Generate and arrange for delivery of investment paperwork and approvals to investors and intermediaries, as required.
- Meet or exceed customer service standards in managing emails, telephone calls and communications from clients and investors.
- Process tax forms for our clients and members
- Assist with yield distributions for members/investors of our clients on a pre-determined schedule using Tapestry's infrastructure.
- Track memberships and investments for our clients using prescribed reporting templates and create new tools as required.
- Export and manipulate reports for our clients upon their request with an appropriate turn around time.
- Assist with the review of clients' financial models
- Manage investments in projects by:
- -Tracking interest earned on current investments
- -Coordinating further investment or repayment of interest/principle as directed
- -Following up to ensure funds are dispersed as directed and keep in-house documentation and tracking up to date and secure
- Degree in accounting and finance, business administration, or applicable experience
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to follow established protocols, but demonstrate flexibility to adapt to interruptions
- Experience in one-on-one customer service over the phone and via e-mail
- Experience creating reports in Excel for distribution to customers/stakeholders
- Experience working with proprietary software
- Diligence and strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Data management, numeracy, and math skills
- Financial literacy: investments, financial statements, terminology
Great to have:
- CPA designation, or working towards it
- Knowledge of social enterprise and social finance
- Experience with payments systems and transaction management
- Experience with coordinating couriers, picking up and processing inbound and outbound mail
- Experience with scanning documents and digital filing by client and topic, ensuring proper naming protocol is being followed
- Bilingual (English with some level of written/oral French proficiency).
What we can offer you:
- Flexible, remote working environment – we are results-oriented and instill immense trust in our team
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus a week of rest before each New Year
- A comprehensive health & benefits program and RSP-matching plan
- Opportunity to participate in and shape the growth of a unique, impactful, community-oriented social purpose organization
- Opportunity and support for career growth, professional development, and continuous learning
Tapestry Community Capital enables a diverse range of social enterprises to raise the capital they need to scale their impact. Through the use of a proven social finance tool, called a Community Bond, we help them to elevate their strong base of supporters to become proud community investors.
Our clients are non-profits, charities, and co-operatives located in
communities across Canada. They are actively engaged in the spheres of
affordable housing, sustainable food production, community hubs, arts &
culture spaces, co-working centres and renewable energy.
We consult with organizations every step of the way to make their investment
campaigns a success and help bring their dream projects to life.
Starting with workshops, we help them assess the feasibility of their project.
Next we assist in preparing their campaign for launch and actively supporting
their team to reach their investment goal. Finally, we provide the back-office
support to manage their investors reliably and professionally.
Our office is based out of a beautiful co-working space in downtown Toronto.
Our team is currently working virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.