Overnight Worker - SG
- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which reflect diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients that we serve.
OVERNIGHT WORKER - SG
1 Part Time Permanent Position (Weekend shifts)
The Overnight Worker provides a variety of functions to support the physical, social and mental well being of the residents. The individual must work as part of a team and communicate information effectively to other staff. This person will also be required to monitor the activities of the residents, assess potential crisis situations, provide basic maintenance and cleaning to the house, supervise the property and keep an up-to-date inventory of supplies.
Note: Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a post secondary education in Human Services or equivalent and experience working with adults with special needs, cognitive impairments and/or mental health issues;
- Ability to interact with residents in a positive and supportive manner and to facilitate their empowerment;
- Counselling and responding skills, excellent crisis intervention and prevention skills;
- Ability to organize activities and work with individuals or groups in the areas of assessment, problem solving and crisis management;
- Physical ability to meet job demands (i.e. cleaning tasks, moving furniture, etc.);
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment;
- Good oral and written skills in English, fluency in a second language is an asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: October 27, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE: “OVERNIGHT WORKER - SG” in the subject line of any emails.
Organization Description not provided