Child Care Workers- Supporting Young Families
- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- York, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Job Title: Child Care Workers- Supporting Young Families
Duration: 3.5 Hours/week FTE 0.10, 1 Permanent Part-Time & 1 Temporary Part- Time
Wage Rate: $14.32/ hr
Competition #: 2019-25
Start Date: September 2019
Location: West Toronto Youth Hub
Yorktown Family Services takes pride in our tradition of providing high quality programs that are responsive to the specific needs of the communities we serve. Yorktown has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and knowledgeable child care worker for our Supporting Young Families (SYF) program. SYF supports pregnant and parenting teenagers and young adults and runs Thursdays from 4pm-7pm out of the West Toronto Youth Hub (1541 Jane St. Toronto). These individuals will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of recreational programming for children under the age of six who are involved in our young parents program. The position requires weekly availability from 3:30pm-7pm, Thursdays.
1. Program Delivery
· Works as part of a team with program staff and volunteers in order to provide an integrated program
· Attends to and ensures the safety and supervision of children during the duration of the child minding.
. Plans and implements age appropriate activities for the children
. Cleans and tidies playroom weekly and disinfects toys weekly
. Ensures that the health and safety guidelines are followed
. Advises the manager of suspected child abuse immediately
. Assists with other SYF components as needed
. Ensures the implementation of policies and procedures, including those of the Hub, Yorktown Family Services and Supporting Young Families
. Participates in training opportunities as required
. Assists with the overall SYF program set up and clean up
. Assists with the program meal and circle time
. Attends SYF staff meetings and weekly debriefing sessions
. Attends supervision every 4-6 weeks/ as otherwise required by manager
. Shows professional behaviour at all times
. Assists in other duties as required
· Plan and set up program on a weekly basis, complete attendance and ensure children are signed in and out
· Completes administrative forms
· E.C.E./ CYW or directly related under graduate degree/diploma from an accredited university together with 2 years of related experience
· Child development knowledge and experience working with young children
· Current CPR & First Aid training
· Ability to relate well with a diverse population of youth
· Legally entitled to work in Canada
· Completed Vulnerable Sector Screening (within past 6 months)
Position reports to: West Toronto Youth Hub Manager
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 416-394-2689 by August 30, 2019. Please quote “Competition #: 2019-25” and Job title in the subject line.
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided