Mental Health & Wellness Associate
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Markham, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Do you have a passion for mental heath & well-being? Do you have experience in developing programs, facilitating webinars and leading training? Are you interested in contributing to the growth of the guard.meCARES Wellness and Learning Initiatives team? If so, read on.
In this role, you will participate in the development of the Wellness and Learning Initiatives program and bring your expertise to support our organization’s mental health strategy and the Wellness and Learning Initiatives Team. Through your knowledge and professional background, you will actively contribute to strengthen our actions in relation to building awareness and promoting the mental well-being of individuals.
This role provides an opportunity to work with a team of professionals across Canada for whom peer collaboration is essential. With the diversity of responsibilities of this role, you will be at the heart of developing a well-being culture and be part of difference within the promotion of positive mental health.
guard.me International Insurance recognizes people as our most valuable asset. We look for individuals who like working with and helping people and who are interested in long-term career growth within an established, successful company. The work environment is fast-paced and high-energy. You'll have a chance to communicate with others, as everyone's input is valued. The culture is truly collaborative. You'll be working with an established award-winning team with an impressive track record.
If we still have your attention, please read through the responsibilities and qualifications and if you think you’re a good fit, we’d love to review your resume!
- Arrange, develop, and facilitate various types of psycho-educational programs on mental health and wellness while consulting with team members and community mental health services.
- Participate in the development of psycho-educational training materials for a variety of intended audiences and sectors.
- Develop and deliver presentations and material on topics associated with mental health and wellness. Review internal and external facing marketing and promotional content through a lens attuned to the current realities.
- Develop stakeholder facing documents and messaging that align with Wellness and Learning Initiatives by guard.meCARES and guard.me values; support special projects and program development.
- Provide information and support to other departments as required for fundraising, media events etc.
- Partnership work, including facilitating, logistics and planning for training with external organizations and partners.
- Collaboration with other teams and departments for training or other purposes.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- This position requires flexibility to attend or facilitate occasional evening or weekend responsibilities.
- Post-secondary education related to counselling, i.e., Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, etc. (Masters level preferred).
- Member of a professional order is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, preferably within a mental health setting.
- Counselling accreditations/certifications such as ASIST and MHFA training is preferred.
- Experience offering counselling to individuals or groups is an asset.
- Excellent facilitation skills, experience in public speaking.
- Knowledge of wellbeing trends and emerging mental health topics.
- Flexibility to attend or facilitate occasional evening or weekend responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate with a highly diverse range of individuals of varying levels of education, professions, and personal life experiences from a diverse range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Bilingual in French and English – both written and spoken is an asset.
Disclaimer: Please note that this document is intended to provide an overview of job accountabilities and does not necessarily list all tasks related to the job.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (sub: “Mental Health & Wellness Associate”) with details of relevant work experience and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are not accepting calls from Recruiters at this time.
guard.me is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be provided to requesting candidates during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
guard.me International Insurance is the premier provider of quality healthcare insurance to the International Education and Travel Market. We provide comprehensive health insurance products for international students who are studying in Canada and for international students who are studying outside of Canada, as well as teachers and participants in exchange, co-op and work abroad programs. Since 1994, we have continually worked to exceed the expectations of our clients by offering superior service, comprehensive policy benefits and fast efficient claims processing that continue to surpass industry standards.
Wellness and Learning Initiatives by guard.meCARES
Our Wellness and Learning Initiatives team offers a wide variety of mental health training, certification, consulting, student support, and education opportunities that facilitate positive interaction as well as provide competency in supporting individuals of various cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, abilities, and beliefs.
The team also works with employers and institutional leaders to create unique workshops and engagement initiatives to bring purpose, meaning, and inspiration to their workplace communities, while supporting the overall well-being of employees.