Development and Communication Manager
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- ETOBICOKE, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position Title Development and Communication Manager
Hourly Rate $30.50/hr for 35hrs per week
Organization Structure Reports to the Executive Director
Scope: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), and working collaboratively with the Director of Monitoring, Reporting and Partnership (DMRP), this team player will work as part of management team and take the lead in developing and executing the overall communication and marketing plan. They will play a strong supportive role in fundraising development.
Marketing and Communications: (75%)
- In consultation with the Executive Director develop a comprehensive marketing plan to support the strategic goals.
- Contribute to applications and grant writing proposals for private and government funding as required.
- Assume overall responsibility for the design, production, and distribution of marketing material.
- Support DMRP in the collection of surveys and analysis of results.
- Oversee Polycultural branding on key creatives for website, poster, program, advertising, and videography.
- Oversee production and distribution of new written and visual communications and compelling marketing materials (e.g., photography, videos, promotional messaging, presentations and programs
- Create innovative and engaging content and maintain Polycultural’s social media channels and Post e-newsletter, and online profiles using digital engagement tools and strategies (e.g. Hootsuite, Canva, Facebook Ads, SEO)
- Design and/or work with designers to produce compelling graphic and web materials for programs, and events, ensuring brand consistency and accurate messaging
- Produce creative briefs, ensure brand standards are implemented
- Creating and developing innovative ways of communicating the organization’s messages to stakeholders
- Responsible for proofreading and content editing for clarity and information flow
- Work with Polycultural’s different departments and program to deliver marketing resources.
- Work with photographers, videographers, and web developers to produce resources and promotional content for programs and events
- Deliver engaging communications to employees
- Manage all new media initiatives
- Develop media releases and action alerts related to priority programs; support the planning and execution of press conferences
- Support ED and DMRP in maintaining relations with existing partners, sponsors, local community and business supporters
- In collaboration with DMRP, develop new proposals and concept papers.
- Deliver marketing campaigns incorporating innovative and strategic communication and solicitation strategies to maximize audience, engagement, and conversions
- In consultation with DMRP develop fundraising materials including proposals, grant applications, presentation decks, reports, acknowledgments and donor reports.
- Keep up to date with current marketing and fundraising trends by following and networking with professional organizations
- Planning, coordinating and executing the annual Polycultural signature event
- Organize Fundraising campaign in cooperation with Programs Managers
- Create sponsorship materials and slide decks
Planning & Organizing/ Time Management: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Technical Expertise: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.
Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one's words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
Self –Management: The ability to manage your own actions effectively and responsibly, well -being and time to achieve organizational goals, self-improvement and personal growth. To maintain an effective work/life balance in response to a stressful, challenging and dynamic work environment.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Coaching: Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their skill development by providing clear, behaviourally specific performance feedback, and making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem. Values the expertise of others and diversity.
Communications: Uses a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communications, the exchange of information and discussion on an ongoing basis.
Organizational Understanding: Understands agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
- Degree/Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct communications experience in non-profit sectors
- Minimum 1 year of digital, PR or marketing agency experience an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, SharePoint (or similar), WordPress, Adobe Connect (or other webinar platforms).
- Experience using Google Analytics, Tag manager, Hootsuite, YouTube Analytics.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and website coding, social media and hands-on experience with Photoshop (or similar) is an asset.
- Possess highly developed creative writing, editing, problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written communication and editing skills, with the capacity to tailor information for various audiences.
- Strong project- and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at distilling regulatory/technical wording into plain language.
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver skilled at generating desired results using limited resources.
Much like the rich fabric that is Canadian culture, our Polycultural family reflects the cultural, ethnic and linguistic diversity of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to maintaining an open, inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Visit any one of our five locations around the GTA and you’ll feel it: a culture of care and human connection. Polycultural supports a holistic approach to serving the needs of our community by providing a diverse range of programs.
Currently, we serve clients in over 20 different languages in our five locations, including: Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, Croatian, Dari, Farsi, French, Hindi, Mandarin, Polish, Punjabi, Pushtu, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Tamil, Ukrainian, Urdu and more.