- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is an award-winning Health Access Centre that provides holistic health services to First Nation, Inuit and Métis people living in Ottawa - one of the fastest growing and diverse urban Indigenous communities in Canada. Wabano is a fast-paced, client-oriented organization that models the Indigenous values of balance, respect and community interdependence. Wabano is proud to be accredited through the Canadian Centre for Accreditation, a third-party review based on accepted organizational practices that promote ongoing quality improvement and responsive, effective community services.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- Greeting clients and providing instructions for service;
- Inputting personal information into electronic medical records system;
- Answering telephone inquiries and scheduling appointments;
- Managing multiple clinic schedules;
- Preparing materials, typing notes, creating and maintaining files;
- Any other administrative duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary completion in Medical Office Administration, Personal Support Worker, or other equivalent program;
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical clinic;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous peoples in a historical context and contemporary society;
- Demonstrated proficiency with an Electronic Medical Records system preferably PS Suite, medical charting and Microsoft Office tools;
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, ability to thrive under pressure, de-escalation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous and non-Indigenous service system in Ottawa;
- Demonstrated knowledge of programs and supports offered throughout the Ottawa area;
- Certificate in Crisis Intervention Training would be considered an asset.
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority, please self-identify;
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a criminal reference check to work with vulnerable population.
To pursue this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 24, 2020.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Wabano is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation.