Manager, Partnerships and Development (Parental Leave Contract)
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
MusiCounts is Canada's music education charity associated with CARAS and the JUNO Awards. MusiCounts' vision is to ensure that all youth in Canada have access to music education through their schools and communities. This vision is realized through grant programs that invest directly into schools and communities across Canada that put musical instruments into the hands of kids who need them the most. Additionally, MusiCounts creates educational resources for teachers and students; empowers young people to pursue music as a career; and celebrates teachers, artists, and philanthropists who champion music education.
Reporting to the President, the Manager, Development and Partnerships leads corporate partnerships and manages major giving strategy, oversees public donations and third party giving. This individual will also play an important role in supporting the President with strategic planning and budget management.
The Manager, Development and Partnerships will undertake prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate, individual and major donors, in close collaboration with the Coordinator, Development and Partnerships and other team members. This individual will also assist in the planning and execution of MusiCounts-related activities at the annual JUNO Awards.
DEVELOPMENT & STEWARDSHIP (70%)
- Work with the Executive Director to set and achieve annual fundraising goals and revenue targets, and evaluate progress
- Lead and manage prospect research activities to identify and incorporate new donors for major giving and corporate partnerships
- Strengthen relationships with existing partners in order to maximize renewal opportunities
- Negotiate partnerships including program sponsorship, multi-year donations, and third party fundraising campaign plans.
- Manage the creation of or review of contracts and letters of agreement with all donors and partners for approval by the Executive team
- Work with team members to develop necessary materials including proposals, letters, reports and acknowledgments
- Leverage relationships with music industry stakeholders and volunteer committees
- Oversee tracking of donations and revenue, in line with organization-wide accounting practices
- Lead the budget planning process
- Lead strategic planning as it pertains to short-term revenue targets and long-term revenue growth
- Work closely with the event team on the execution of fundraising and donor recognition events
- Lead and/or support various events throughout JUNO Week and Country Music Week
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Professional demeanor especially when dealing with high net worth individuals and executive level stakeholders; sensitivity to the challenges faced by minority and marginalized stakeholder groups
- University degree or equivalent professional accreditation; CFRE designation an asset
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience managing fundraising activities
- Experience with Google Drive and Raiser’s Edge CRM
- Music industry knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of CRA charity guidelines and regulations
- Ability to travel within Canada, especially during March/April (timing of JUNO Awards)
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT MUSICOUNTS
- Flexible working location/Hybrid model – 2 days in office
- Extended group benefits
- Reduced Summer hours
- Paid December holiday break (in addition to paid vacation)
MusiCounts embraces the diversity of all people, including those with disabilities, and aims to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace where employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, a person of colour, as having a disability and/or as a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ communities to apply. If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, we would be happy to work with you to meet your needs.