Manager of Mental Health Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Scarborough, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position: Manager of Mental Health Services
Reporting to: Executive Director
Full Job Description:
Come work at Vasantham – A Tamil Mental Wellness Centre, a non-profit organization which has been serving the Tamil community in the GTA since 1999. Through various services and programs, Vasantham has been providing passionate education and advocacy for the holistic well-being of the Tamil community in the GTA. Our approach is anti-discriminatory, racially and culturally sensitive and we actively extend our efforts to other South-Asian communities in the GTA.
We are seeking an individual who can collaborate closely with Vasantham’s leadership and staff to oversee and facilitate the organization’s various deliverables. Particularly, oversee Vasantham's Substance Use and Mental Health initiative (SUAP), approved by Health Canada, which aims to deliver culturally informed psycho-educational therapy and prevention education for the Tamil population in the greater area of Scarborough/Toronto.
Working effectively as part of a team, the Operations Manager will be largely responsible for project management which includes planning, organization, and implementation. The Operations Manager plays a key role in supporting Vasantham’s deliverables and fostering the culture and behaviours the organization needs to achieve its goals.
If you are dedicated to helping others and looking to develop your operation management skills, Vasantham is an excellent place to grow your career. We strongly encourage you to apply.
Location: Mid-Scarborough Hub
2660 Eglinton Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1K 2S3
- Oversee projects which are underway and ensure they are delivered to specifications, on time and on budget (monitor expenses).
- Oversee the staff who are involved with various projects including admin staff
- In tandem with senior leadership and the project psychotherapist, deliver the group session; manage operations within the SUAP project including the production of a multilingual information guide/pamphlets on mental health, cultural stigma and substance use and preparation of written status reports for Health Canada.
- For all projects/programs, manage detailed documentation including project requirements, plans, schedules, and status reports/communication.
- Develop specified teams and provide teams with support and guidance to execute deliverables according to requirements and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings to discuss program deliverables and statistics.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for the monthly board meetings, including note-taking
- Revise project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements and implement project changes and corrective actions to ensure project success.
- Regularly report to the executive director of the organization.
- Communicate with various individuals associated with the organization’s initiatives including internal and external partners as required.
- Actively seek and secure funding for the continuation of various initiatives run by the organization.
- Complete proposals and written status reports for various organizations from whom we receive funding.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and assign priorities.
- Ability to lead multiple teams and designate tasks based on individual ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, superior communication, coaching, and team-building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and exercise judgment in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated budgeting and financial management skills.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications.
- Administrative skills and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Lived experience/peer support skills including experience with a process of recovery and/or assisting individuals with mental health issues to identify and achieve their life goals is an asset.
- Ability to speak Tamil as a second language is a major asset.
Vasantham respects and values human rights and diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind towards clients or staff based on ancestry, family status, disabilities, socioeconomic status, sex, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000-50,000 annually
Benefits: 4% vacation pay
- Monday-Friday, 11-7pm
- Hours are negotiable
For more information please visit www.vasantham.ca