Power Tool Repair Technician
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Edmonton, AB
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Working inside a Factory Owned Service Center, this position is responsible for repairing different types of portable power tools within the Milwaukee brand. The position requires an individual to be able to follow a standardized repair process which would include the diagnosing / trouble-shooting of the tool failure, identifying a solution and repairing the product. Set in a team environment, the position is fast paced and challenging where a successful candidate would need to possess strong time management skills, able to complete tasks correctly in a timely manner and work efficiently to produce results. On-the-job training is provided on more specialized products along with competitive wage and incentives tied to performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or 3 years’ tool repair or related field experience, previous sales experience also an asset.
- Possess mechanical aptitude and demonstrate repair experience if applicable
- Ability to interpret mechanical diagrams, wiring schematics and printed servicing data;
- Knowledge of electricity principles and air flow as it applies to a power source for power tools;
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical faults in power tools and equipment
- Effective computer skills
- Strong communication skills, initiative and strong organizational skills.
- Strong team-orientation must also be capable of working independently.
- Result focused, goal driven and deliver results from an individual and team perspective
- Overtime will be expected during busy times