- Job Type
- Casual/On Call
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
JOB TITLE: Physician Locum
SALARY STARTS AT: $110.96/hour + 0.4% vacation pay
FTE STATUS: On-call, as-needed. Minimum four-hour shifts. Between Monday-Friday 9-8:30, Saturday 10-2
DURATION OF POSITION: Casual
Planned Parenthood Toronto is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and well being of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking a LOCUM PHYSICIAN to work ON-CALL, AS-NEEDED, at least one shift per month.
The Locum Physician works within the interdisciplinary team to provide primary and sexual health care to clients with an emphasis on health promotion and health education. The Physician is a member of the Health Services Team and is responsible for supporting the agency's mission, values and objectives. The Physician also functions in accordance with relevant legislation and standards of medical practice.
- Performs assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other medical functions as required according to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario standards of practice.
- Provide comprehensive care both virtually (OTN, telemedicine) and in-person.
- Utilizes appropriate referral networks and agencies for clients.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of client visits including the data required by the Ministry of Health, utilizing an electronic health record.
- Able to perform venipuncture and carry out related blood work.
- Ensures that laboratory procedural forms are filled out correctly and that specimens are procured and handled properly.
- Ensures that medical protocols are being followed and that comprehensive treatment is delivered.
- Provide Point of Care counselling and testing to clients in accordance with the Ministry of Health Policies, Procedures and Quality Assurance for Point-of-Care HIV testing in Ontario.
- Performs other duties fro time-to-time as related to the job and based on agency needs.
- Medical degree from a recognized university
- Licence to practice medicine and membership in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Three to five years primary care experience; preferably in a community health setting
- Proficiency and experience working with electronic health records an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth in areas of sexual and reproductive health, mental health and prenatal care.
- Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team of staff, students and volunteers
- Commitment to a client-centred model of delivery of health care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity goals and principles, sexual and reproductive rights and to being youth positive, 2SLGBTQ positive and sex positive
- Commitment to pro-choice philosophy
Please forward letter of interest and resume by midnight on September 25th to:
Hiring Committee (PHYSICIAN LOCUM)
Planned Parenthood Toronto
36B Prince Arthur Avenue
Toronto, ON M5R 1A9
Fax: (416) 961-2512
PPT is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and to building an organization that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from members of Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities; Two-Spirit, non-binary, trans, lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people; disabled people; youth; and members of other equity seeking groups.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PPT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates selected for an interview and for all aspects for the selection process. If an applicant or a successful candidate requests an accommodation, we will discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them. We regret to inform that PPT is not a wheelchair accessible space.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Criminal Record Check.