Individual & Family Therapist, Whatever It Takes
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Scarborough, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The ‘Whatever It Takes’ program (WIT) provides intensive, clinical case management services designed to support infants, children, youth and families with complex clinical profiles (multiple diagnoses including mental health, developmental, and/or medical issues) and complex service situations (multiple service providers across sectors). The WIT approach is a combination of the core competencies of case management and service navigation.
Strides Toronto is a new multi-service agency providing services to young people from birth to age 29 and their families in East Toronto. Formed in January 2020 through the amalgamation of Aisling Discoveries and East Metro Youth Services, Strides Toronto provides a range of community, residential and treatment services to improve the mental, social and physical health of infants, children, youth and their families. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support.
As Lead Agency for infant, child and youth mental health in Toronto, Strides Toronto works with 26 core service providers to design and implement system-level improvements that transform access to services, experience of services and the mental health outcomes for Toronto’s diverse communities.
Strides Toronto has a budget of $30 million and more than 350 employees providing services out of 19 locations across East Toronto. The organization Is accredited by the Centre for Accreditation and the predecessor organizations have a long history of providing high-quality services in East Toronto.
We are still welcoming new clients and providing services by telephone and online.
Why work with us?
- Be part of a long history of leadership and evidence informed practice in child, youth and family service.
- Join a skilled and dedicated team who are passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive.
- Experience opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Be committed to creating a positive and rewarding work environment.
- Share an organizational culture of on-going learning and quality improvement.
- Bring high standards for performance and implementation of best practices and demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation
- Expect a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Join a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak more than 50 languages.
What will you do?
- Offer consultation and assistance to service providers in developing flexible service delivery plans for children and youth aged 0-18 with complex needs and carry out intensive case management and service coordination functions i.e., brokerage, advocacy, resourcing, case conferencing, as required in the delivery of WIT service
- Maintain professional standards of clinical practice in accordance with Strides Toronto policies and procedures, Canadian Centre for Accreditation (CCA) standards, and relevant legislation.
- Implement strength based and evidence-based practices in consultation with the relevant multi-disciplinary team.
- Organize and utilize the clinical reports received from other service providers in formulating the needs of the clients being referred, and maintain up to date clinical records on the participant or client record data bases, as appropriate
- Maintain, through appropriate communication and coordination, a collaborative working relationship with the multi-disciplinary team and other involved professionals both within and outside of Strides Toronto and identify service gaps in the service delivery system
- Identify professional development/training needs and participate in staff development/training programs as required
- Supervise placement students as required
- Provide other clinical services and carry out other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for:
- M.S.W. or related Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years of suitable and related clinical experience with adolescents and families in a mental health setting plus theoretical knowledge and understanding of addictions treatment
- Eligible for certification/membership in relevant professional association.
- Preferred candidates will be bilingual in both official languages.
- Fluency in another language(s).
Salary range: $ 58,460 to $ 73,377 per annum
Hours of work: 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. Flexible hours required (including evenings)
This position is part of the UFCW 175 bargaining unit
How to Apply
Please quote job number 2019/2020-58
in the subject line of your cover letter and submit both cover letter and resume in a single document.
(Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted, no phone calls please.)
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by October 2, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Human Resources, Strides Toronto, 1200 Markham Road, Suite 200. Scarborough Ontario, M1H 3C3, Fax 416-438-7424