- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Positions Available: 1 Compensation: $60,000.00 to $69,000.00 per annum
Unionized Position: No Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
The Residential Supervisor is responsible for supervising, administering and providing day-to-day direction and support to the staff of a residential crisis service in accordance with established policies and procedures of Reconnect and the Collective Agreement articles at all times. The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a mature, problem-solving, solution-based focus while dealing with challenging situations
- Making decisions quickly based on available information and conducting proper follow-up
- Ensuring that all relevant information/issues/serious occurrences are communicated to the Program Manager; following appropriate channels of communication with regard to reporting and follow up of any situation requiring further attention
- Ensuring adequate staffing for each location by replacing shifts through established procedures in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Providing back-up support to Frontline Staff and their functions as required
- Scheduling, conducting and documenting supervision
- Contributing to Performance Reviews and Evaluations.
- Attending and supporting the facilitation of Team meetings.
- Planning and leading the day-to-day operation of the Residence, including compliance with health and safety, coordinating with other service providers supporting the residence and meal support.
- Ensuring residents receive consistent and effective support and services.
- Ensuring the effective administration of the Residence including approving time cards
- Assisting the Program Manager in ensuring the residence is in compliance and meeting the standards for Quality Assurance and Accreditation.
- Monitoring and maintaining the staff relief pool uptake.
- Assisting with the interview process when requested.
- Monitoring and notifying the Program Manager of staff training needs
The successful candidate will possess:
- Related College Diploma or undergraduate University Degree (Social Services is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a residential setting for people with individuals with challenging psychiatric, behavioral and health needs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity or a combination of experience and related courses, preferably in a residential setting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with scheduling
- Minimum two years related experience in crisis support and intervention;
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Ability to develop creative solutions or options.
- Ability to think ahead and plans for contingencies and effectively prepare and organize resources and activities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Produces good results when working with others by displaying tact, cooperation, sensitivity and respect for the opinions and situations of others and their culture.
- Reinforces sharing of expertise between team members and among teams to achieve superior services/results.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priority tasks; is detail oriented, has excellent organizational skills, is self-motivated.
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset;
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required;
- Must be willing to be on call;
- The position involves a rotating schedule between week days and weekends with some evening hours.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 2, 2019. Please reference "Residential Coordinator Application" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Organization Description not provided