Manager, Clinical Counseling
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
COSTI REQUIRES A MANAGER, CLINICAL COUNSELING FOR ITS SHELTER SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness including but not limited to families, refugees, women fleeing domestic violence and singles.
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week might require to rotate between weekdays and weekends.
- Supervises and directs Mental Health Counsellors including clinical supervision; performance appraisals and ensuring the training needs of staff are met.
- Provides directs counselling to individuals, couples and families.
- Convenes case consultation meetings with staff and assigns caseload.
- Provides public education to shelter residents through onsite and virtual sessions.
- Identifies the service needs for the client group and develops plans for supports.
- Builds and fosters relationships with potential partners.
- Participates in community committees as assigned.
- Oversees the delivery and client service plans for clients.
- Maintains and updates work schedules ensuring proper delivery model of sessions.
- Ensures incident reports and documentation are up to date.
- Works closely with Assistant Managers and General Manager to ensure proper planning and delivery of service to clients.
- Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date in various data bases used.
- Supports and leads mental health counsellors in managing crises and high-risk situations.
- Works with team on developing, updating and recommending shelter policies.
- BSW and registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- A minimum five years of clinical counselling experience.
- At least one year supervisory experience. Preference will be given to those whose experience was obtained in a Shelter setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Toronto Shelter Standards.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge in issues facing people experiencing homelessness.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
- Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet based database.
- Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is considered an asset.
- Previous Naloxone training.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
LOCATION: Hwy 401 and Weston, and
Hwy 401 and Victoria Park Ave Toronto
DURATION: December 14, 2020 to April 30, 2021
(Pending possible extension)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $34.67 to $38.77 per hour
POSTING DATE: November 24, 2020
CLOSING DATE: December 7, 2020
Quoting reference# 82-20, to:
Manager, Human Resources
COSTI Immigrant Services