Office Assistant - Youth Position (15-30 years)
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director, Programs and Stakeholder Relations & Office Manager
STATUS: Summer Youth (15 - 30 years) Position
HOURS: Full-time or part-time to a total of 280 hours, done Monday to Friday 9-5 EST
Working as a member of the Lung Cancer Canada this position will be asked to assist in the content development, refresh, and layout of the Lung Cancer Canada Website using Kentico (including French) and Lung Cancer Awareness Month (November) activities. They will also assist with fundraising and events as needed.
Under the supervision of the Director, Programs and Stakeholder Relations and Office Manager and working closely with the members of the LCC team.
This position will be remote. The Candidate will need to use their own computer, internet and telephone.
As Office Assistant, main areas of responsibilities include:
- Assist in refresh and layout of the Lung Cancer Canada website using Kentico
- Website content review
- Assist with social media campaigns
- Work with internal teams in developing and engaging stakeholders on social media platforms
- Work with internal teams to ensure accuracy and consistency of health messaging on various channels including website, social media, and publications
Operations and Support:
- Works with internal teams to ensure accuracy and consistency of health messaging on various channels including website, social media and publications.
- Assist with fundraising activities and awareness events as needed
- Have interest in digital communication, including website and social media
- Excellent communication, writing and editorial skills, combined with a commitment to ensuring high level, responsible content delivery.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Resourceful, results-oriented with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Bilingualism (French and English) is preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will be interviewing exceptional candidates on a rolling basis.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and between the ages of 15 - 30.
Lung Cancer Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lung Cancer Canada is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Lung Cancer Canada, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.