- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
We are the fundraising partner of BC Cancer. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
At the BC Cancer Foundation we believe that with your help BC CAN make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. We know that one in two people in our province will face cancer in their lifetime and we’re igniting progress to break down cancer, piece by piece, in the labs and clinics.
We are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities across B.C. to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
Together, BC CAN break down cancer.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director, Gift and Estate Planning, the Development Coordinator provides a variety of specialized functions such as estate administration; planning and coordinating the implementation of assigned projects; managing data; providing assistance with prospect identification and research; as well as administrative support for the department. The Coordinator works with the Senior Director and the Director, Estates & Trusts, administering estates and other planned gifts, while coordinating the implementation of a number of projects, and works as part of a team assisting with additional projects and activities. The Coordinator is also responsible for entering data and maintaining the integrity of the Foundation’s electronic files/database for the department. They create and maintain a variety of reports and queries on behalf of the department, and ensure that electronic files/database user manuals are accurate and current.
Scope and Complexity
The Coordinator works in a complex environment and will determine priorities and balance work flow. They will be fully accountable for activities within their assigned portfolio and must be able to exercise initiative and judgement to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department/portfolio as well as ensure good working relationships with other staff and departments.
The Coordinator will be an individual who can multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in an environment with varied needs and objectives.
In the execution of this role, the incumbent is required to employ critical thinking skills and knowledge of team and organizational objectives in order to provide comprehensive and administrative support systems and implement specific projects. The Coordinator is required to exercise a high degree of analysis, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
The Coordinator will ensure accuracy in all communications and activities within the assigned portfolio. They must exercise judgement and tact when dealing with donors, prospective donors, estate and financial planning advisors, and other staff.
The Coordinator assists in the creation of and updates to donor profiles to aid staff in building donor relations; uses database techniques to segment and manipulate data and identify patterns of giving; and ensures that development and estate staff have the information required to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors
Daily contact with the Gift and Estate Planning team as well as other BCCF staff regarding the implementation of various projects, database management and administrative support for the department.
Contact with donors, associations, and professional advisors.
Education and Experience
- A diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Three years recent related experience, preferably in a planned giving and fund-raising environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with databases would be advantageous as this role works with a number of specialized software programs and databases (Raiser’s Edge, RE NXT, PaperSave)
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated strong project coordination and implementation, administrative, organisational and time management skills;
- Experience and knowledge of database management tools, fundraising software and advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs including word, excel and ppt.
- Ability to solve problems and suggest and develop solutions;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills, sensitive and mature judgment, tact and superior diplomatic skills;
- Ability to deliver exceptional service;
- Ability to balance changing workload expectations and to work effectively under pressure, with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to understand and carry out financial and arithmetic calculations.
If this position is of interest to you please apply at our careers page https://bccancerfoundation.com/about-us/careers