Contract Bilingual Program Lead
- Job Type
- Contract / Part Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
START DATE: As soon as possible
REGION: Provincial project
POSITION: 1 Contract Bilingual Program Lead
(Part-time) LOCATION: Work from home
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 23 hours/week
The Bilingual Virtual Program Lead (“Program Lead”) will share bilingual versions of behaviour support guides and videos with organizations which may support people who have behaviour challenges, for example:
· seniors with dementia who may harm other seniors or staff;
· inmates with PTSD who may lash out when triggered; or
· youth who sometimes have aggressive behaviour at home or in school
Aptus’ partner, Mackenzie Health Centre for Behavioural Health Sciences, developed an easy-to-follow Tips guide and 3 videos to help families and professionals raise their capacity in managing behaviour challenges. The materials have been translated and are ready to be shared across the province.
Key areas of focus will be:
· Providing French audio for 3 training videos (a translated script has been prepared)
· Creating a contact list for Ontario organizations including: schools, social service agencies, youth centres, hospitals, homeless shelters, police stations, long-term care facilities and jails.
o The project goal is to reach 200 organizations
· Sharing the bilingual behavioural tips guide and videos with diverse organizations by email. The message will invite organizations to share the tools with staff and/or the people or families they support. A feedback survey will also be shared with organizations in 3 months’ time
· Following up as needed to be sure the right person has received the materials (for example, the director of programs and services for a charity; the clinical lead for long-term care hospital; the HR department director for a police station re: training resources for staff)
· Responding to any project questions received, liaising when needed with Aptus’ Clinical team
· Follow up within 3 months of sharing the materials to have the lead contact for the organization complete a digital feedback survey concerning the value of the tools shared
· Creating a report on the project, including number of organizations contacted, lessons learned, input and guidance from organizations, any barriers experienced in completing the project, and a summary of survey results
1. Fluently bilingual (reading, writing, speaking and listening) in French and English
2. University degree, college diploma or experience related to communications or any of the project’s target organizations (e.g., education, hospital care, corrections, etc.)
3. Understanding of behaviour issues.
4. Communication skills and cross-cultural awareness.
5. Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
6. Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Strong planning, organizing and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office (using Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.)
This position will begin as soon as possible. Interviews will be scheduled as successful resumes are received.
Reporting to: Manager, Development & P.R.
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: 5 months from start date
The interview process will be completed by phone. Aptus Treatment Centre will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards.
Note: References will only be checked for candidates who meet certain qualifications. Candidates will be notified before references are checked.
Please Quote Job Posting: #Bilingue
Please send your letter and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, we will only contact those who best meet the requisite skills, experience and qualifications.
Aptus Treatment Centre is an equal opportunity employer.