Content Creation and Project Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- London, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Content Creation and Project Coordinator – Full Time Position
International Justice Mission Canada
Are you the candidate we are seeking?
Do you have a passion for the mission Christ gave His Church, and a desire to use your skillset and knowledge to help protect the poor from violence in developing countries? Does the idea of creating content to communicate the urgency of IJM’s cause excite you? If so, you may be the candidate we are seeking!
International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. International Justice Mission Canada shares this mission. The largest organization of its kind, IJM combats slavery, sex trafficking, sexual violence, police abuse of power, land theft and other forms of violence in 18 communities throughout Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
IJM Canada seeks a Content Creation and Project Coordinator, with experience in digital marketing, who will coordinate marketing campaigns and programs that help fulfill our vision: to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and prove that justice for the poor is unstoppable. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience marketing to both Christian and non-Christian Canadians.
The successful candidate will be able to assist in advancing the mission of the organization by communicating with personal integrity and professionalism the urgency of the organization’s cause and the Christian ideology that supports IJM’s work.
This will be a full-time position reporting to the Manager of Marketing and Communications.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate email and print marketing for IJM Canada fundraising programs that target Christian and secular audiences, including, but not limited to, the monthly donation program, single gift donations, and the IJM Canada gift catalogue (online and print).
- Drafting copy for email and print marketing for IJM Canada fundraising programs that target Christian and secular audiences.
- Coordinate the creation of Christian and secular print, web and social media resources for IJM Canada’s communications and marketing, development, and church mobilization departments.
- Maintain the IJM Canada website with requested updates from staff, including the development of new web pages to reach Christian and secular audiences.
- Oversee video editing and photography for related programs of responsibility.
- Act as the point of contact and oversee the activities of IJM Canada’s contracted graphic designer.
- Serve as the point of contact for project requests for creative services which includes scheduling and managing the creative services project workflow in project management software
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, business, communications or related degree;
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, or a related field;
- 1-2 years of experience with social media;
- Project management with experience coordinating marketing programs;
- Familiarity with digital trends and new technologies pertinent to driving online audience growth;
- Ability to communicate, with personal conviction, the spiritual foundation of the organization through various means;
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment;
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset; and
- Professional demeanor in written and oral communication.
- Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Diplomatic, bridge-builder that drives toward solutions—ability to align cross-functional teams around shared goals;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to coordinate multiple projects seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Action-oriented, self-starter with strong initiative; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
- This position will be primarily based in the London, ON head office of IJM Canada;
- There may be occasional visits to IJM’s international office in Washington, DC
- Full-time permanent position;
- IJM Canada offers a competitive salary, with medical, dental and retirement benefits;
- Position reports to the Manager of Marketing and Communications;
- Position based at IJM Canada headquarters in London, Ontario; and
- Applications accepted until July 26, 2019 - target start date August 12, 2019.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- IJM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Why IJM Canada?
- We offer a generous compensation plan
- We offer eligible employees medical, dental, retirement benefits, and parental leave plans
- We offer opportunities for domestic and international travel
- We offer the chance to work in an engaged and positive work culture where employees are valued
- We offer coaching, professional and personal development, and staff care
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the world
To apply, please send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
International Justice Mission Canada
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 336, STN B
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM Canada. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum, and a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.).