- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Waltons Trust is a newly formed Canadian grantmaking organization that is charged with making a significant and deep impact across Canada and internationally in a relatively short period of time. We are looking for a Director of Granting who will play a lead role in launching this nimble charitable foundation.
This is a one of a kind opportunity to impact the organization as it launches an innovative, strategic, purposeful and efficient grant-making approach. This role will appeal to a self-starter; someone prepared to commit their head and heart to making a tangible difference in the lives of those people who are the ultimate beneficiaries of the trust.
The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and have the ability to sift through information to draw conclusions and make recommendations to the Trustees. They will understand the philanthropic landscape in Canada and have experience working with a wide array of community leaders and stakeholders. They are excited by the challenge of identifying where the organization can have the most impact during its limited lifespan and then implementing the strategy to reach its goals.
The Director will work in close partnership with the Executive Director to set the strategy for the organization and to implement an efficient grantmaking program.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategy Development
- Implement a framework to rapidly guide the selection of strategic focus areas for the organization;
- Support and strengthen a process that incorporates input from a wide variety of thought leaders and stakeholders;
- Partnership Development and Grants Management
- Develop processes to review and vet potential granting partners;
- Identify and build relationships with potential grantees;
- Work in partnership with grantees to support achievement of aligned, tangible goals.
- Research & Evaluation
- Determine and implement a strategy for measuring the impact of the organization;
- Implement approaches for archiving of knowledge that will be useful for others in the space.
- A university degree and 7-10 years experience in grant management, partner management, strategy development, and/or research & evaluation
- Experience working at a charitable foundation or in the non-profit sector
- Comfortable in a role that requires both strategic thinking and operational implementation
- A relationship builder
- Strong problem solving skills with a mindset to take risks and find creative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directly and indirectly managing teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, under minimal supervision
The Waltons Trust is a newly formed Canadian grantmaking organization that is charged with making a significant and deep impact across Canada and internationally in a relatively short period of time.