- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Newmarket, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The case manager provides a range of services that supports individuals living with serious mental illness. They may also have a history of homelessness and/or concurrent disorders; complex needs and current involvement in the justice system. The goal is to increase their independence through skill enhancement and development, by building a support network and linking consumers to available community services. The case manager also provides needs assessment, coaching, skills teaching, advocacy, crisis management, may facilitate house meetings and supports consumers in daily living. This position liaises with other community agencies and professional services. The case manager is required to share on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis for all LOFT Crosslinks Housing & Support Services programs. Travel within York Region and occasionally to the downtown Toronto office is an expectation of this position.
Note: Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms/apartment units and may therefore be exposed to secondhand smoke. There will be occasional weekend coverage.
- Completion of a degree/diploma in Social Work/Human Services or equivalent,
- Minimum of three years case management experience in providing support to vulnerable adults with special needs including serious mental health issues and/or concurrent disorders and/or justice involvement and/or complex needs;
- Previous experience in supportive housing is an asset;
- Ability to directly assist residents with daily living activities, promoting the acquisition of life skills
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery principles, harm reduction, and the therapeutic relationship and the ability to apply these concepts into practice;
- Knowledge of issues faced by adults with serious mental illness and addictions and of available community and other professional services in York Region;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Good oral and written communication skills, counselling and responding skills to engage clients in highly personal areas;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact with workers from a variety of agencies;
- Ability to implement assessment tools, develop and implement care plans in conjunction with client
- Crisis intervention skills, with well-developed problem solving abilities;
- Will be required to assist in cleaning units with individuals or in preparing units for occupancy
- Possession of a valid driver’s license use of a reliable vehicle is required and insurance to transport clients
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “Case Manager- Newmarket” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: November 10, 2020