Coordinator, Development and Community Engagement, Ontario East
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $140 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair, as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy and awareness.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
With a hands-on role in affecting the search for a cure for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, every staff member at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada feels the urgency of our work and the thrill of moving closer to the answers.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Senior Director, Community Engagement, the Coordinator, Development and Community Engagement is responsible for the overall fundraising success for the Ontario East region. Working with volunteer committees, the Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of fundraising events, including the Gutsy Walk, in the assigned areas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate works from their home office and is highly motivated to grow the region’s contributions to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada by seizing opportunities in this marketplace. The individual has a positive, can-do attitude and will enjoy cultivating relationships through interaction with donors, volunteers, members and corporate prospects. They must be a resourceful and mature strategic thinker, highly organized and energetic with a keen attention to detail. The individual in this role will work on a day-to-day basis with the Senior Director and applicable Chapters on the overall planning and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience; 2 years of fundraising and/or sales experience, including proven ability to grow and expand donor/customer base;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), combined with interpersonal skills to successfully work with volunteer committees and key stakeholders;
- French communication skills are a strong asset;
- Attentive to detail, highly organized and demonstrated capacity to multi-task high priority items;
- Experience managing large- and small-scale community volunteer driven events;
- Self-motivated, driven, problem solver and a team player;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as video chat technology and familiarity with various social media channels;
- Experience using a database is an asset. Experience using Raiser’s Edge is a strong asset;
- Available to travel within the areas of responsibility, work flexible hours including evenings and the occasional weekends, when needed;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle; and
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Provide ongoing stewardship of existing relationships with event sponsors, team captains and VIPs to increase revenue and participation in key fundraising initiatives;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorships and potential donor prospects in the assigned regions;
- Work with volunteers to provide key support with promotions, logistics, production, event day fundraising and overall event execution and where applicable, manage 3rd party leads;
- Coordinate all advertising, event sponsors, assembling sponsor packets, collecting event RSVPs, organizing auction items, organizing and managing event check-in, registration and check-out, organizing and managing event volunteers and creating or maintaining detailed event / donor databases, coordinate speakers and prepare speaking notes;
- Create and maintain vendor relations, negotiate with vendors to optimize best value, including gift in kind donations;
- Effectively and efficiently complete activities and meet project deadlines for successful event execution;
- Monitor and report event revenue and costs to ensure balanced budgets and to analyze fundraising performance;
- Create new initiatives / opportunities to raise awareness and grow revenue;
- Work closely with chapter volunteers and event committees;
- Recruit, motivate, train and support volunteers with appropriate support of Volunteer Engagement Team and local volunteers;
- Provide administrative support such as minute taking, follow up calls, analyzing survey results and researching best practices;
- Provide direct support and coaching to special events related stakeholders;
- Maintain donor database; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Geographical Areas of Responsibility:
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Work from home with occasional travel within area of responsibility;
- Flexible hours, available to work outside of normal business hours when necessary;
- Extended health and dental employee benefits program; and
- Employer matching RRSP program.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and community, CCC is requiring that employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. CCC will provide accommodation, on a case by case basis, in accordance with its obligations for anyone who is unable to be vaccinated for a reason protected under applicable human rights legislation.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a PDF of their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations by clicking “Apply Now” or you will be redirected to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s careers page if you are viewing this posting on an external site.
This role will be posted until August 26, 2022.
We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment that reflects the Canadian communities that we work with and within. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provide accommodations upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.