Therapist - Outdoor Leadership Experience
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Algonquin Highlands, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Therapist – Outdoor Leadership Experience
We are currently seeking a Therapist for our Outdoor Leadership Experience (OLE) program
Pine River Institute (PRI) is a residential treatment program for youth 13-19 dealing with addictive behaviour and often concurrent mental health issues. We are a family-centered program where wilderness, therapeutic, and academic programs come together in a unique, integrated treatment and education model. PRI's treatment approach is grounded in enhancing adolescent development and maturation. The PRI program is unique in Canada. PRI’s residential beds are funded primarily by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The organization is staffed by highly competent clinicians. Ongoing evaluation and outcome analysis is built in to PRI’s vision and mission and PRI has acquired a solid reputation in these areas.
Salary Range: $75,000 to $80,000
Location: This full time position works in Algonquin Park/Huntsville, however will travel to our residential treatment centre 1 day per month in Hornings Mills, Ontario.
Reporting directly to the Clinical Director
- In collaboration with the Clinical Team, ensure the alignment of each student’s individual program with the overall therapeutic and academic objectives, values and philosophy of the school.
- Organize, lead and participate in student academic, recreational and therapeutic activities as required.
- Serve as a liaison for parents whose children are in the wilderness, providing weekly phone support and written updates to parents within 48 hours of each clinical session with the student.
- Provide on-call back-up to the wilderness team as part of a rotating schedule, as determined by the Program Manager.
- Collect weekly and daily progress notes from field staff, and use this information as part of the OLE Summary Report and treatment plan
- Prepare, ideally within a few days of transfer to the school, an Outdoor Leadership Experience Summary Report which provides background information on the student, summarizes his/her behaviours and experiences while in the wilderness, identifies any areas of emotional concern and noted areas of strength, as well as offering treatment recommendations for continued progress at the school.
- Supervise, train and support field staff and the Program Manager regarding the emotional and behavioural management of students in the wilderness.
- Assist as a resource in the provision of professional development activities for OLE Field Staff
- Contribute as part of the senior clinical team to ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students and their families are realized.
- Face to face contact with all OLE students on a weekly basis requiring 1-2 overnights per week in the field.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree in the relevant therapeutic field.
- MA in Clinical Psychology or Social Work preferred.
- Previous experience with multi-disciplinary team treatment planning is essential
- A minimum of 5 years related experience, with at least 1 years in a residential treatment facility and/or wilderness program.
- Must have some experience in a wilderness setting.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and working effectively with professional, collaborative groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Strong, flexible and results-driven management experience.
Interested candidates should apply to Jennifer Rutledge Manager Human Resources in writing to email@example.com by March 22nd, 2019.
We thank all applicants who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.
Organization Description not provided