Program Coordinator-Adult Day Program
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Aurora, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Base office: Aurora
Reporting to the Day Program Manager, you will assist in the coordination and delivery of all Adult Day Program (ADP) services. You will also serve as a resource expert for RAI CHA within the ADP. You will provide relief to Recreation Programmers and ADP Supervisors. You must be willing to work On-Call on a Saturday on a rotation basis with the day program supervisors, and to work on extended hours of some ADPs: 7:30 am to 8:30 am and from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday once reinstated.
Requirements for the position include:
- Degree or diploma in Recreation Therapy, Recreation Leadership, Social Service Worker Gerontology, Kinesiology or related field.
- Minimum 1 year recreation programming experience.
- Certification in Functional Fitness, Tiered Exercise or approved senior exercise training
- Recreation program leadership & coordination experience
- Knowledge of RAI CHA client assessment (or willing to be trained)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Actively participates as a team member and works with others to achieve common goals.
- With valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule including evenings and week-ends.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint or Publisher).
- Certification in Food Handler’s Course, CPR and First Aid an asset.
- Experience with project management, quality improvement initiatives and the collection of statistical data, an asset
- Fluency in both official languages (English & French) and other language(s), an asset.
If you are enthusiastic about planning new, innovative programs on a daily basis to keep the program fresh and interesting, we’d like to hear from you!
CHATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodation will be provided to individuals with disability, upon request
Please apply online: www/chats.on.ca/careers