Marketing & Communications Officer
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
What We’d Like You To Know About Us
CARE EMPOWERMENT INCLUSION
These values are at the heart of who we are as people, as professionals and as a team.
Rise is Canada’s only national charity dedicated to helping people with mental health or addiction challenges achieve financial independence through self-employment or small business ownership.
Our clients reflect many diverse groups that experience barriers related to access to services. They self - identify including 60% who are women, 32% who are BIPOC and 57% persons with low income.
Rise aims for a diverse team of staff and volunteers to ensure that our funding, programs and services respect and reflect clients’ needs.
For 10 years, Rise has financed, trained, mentored and coached over 1000 entrepreneurs disbursing more than $ 2 million in over 500 small loans. Our programs enable clients to hone their skills, achieve their goals and live their dreams.
This position, reporting to the Manager, Advancement & Communications, plays a key role in building the Rise brand and serves as the organization’s principal writer to support Rise’s national growth, raise awareness and engagement, and inspire support. We are seeking a highly creative individual who brings experience creating content for a variety of audiences. They will also demonstrate strong initiative, attention to detail and project management skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead a collaborative Social Media Working Group and manage Rise’s overarching social media strategy
- Work in collaboration with Volunteer and Program Managers to develop compelling content and design materials to support recruitment, engagement and recognition of clients and volunteers.
- Manage Rise’s social media presence across all platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube); Includes:
- Creating and maintaining an ongoing content calendar and scheduling posts
- Designing social media graphics
- Monitor accounts and respond to audience feedback (i.e. flag potential issues, share positive feedback)
- Conduct and track influencer relations
- Monitor other organizations’ social media (clients, sector organizations, corporate partners)
- Monitor industry news and identify engagement opportunities in broader social media landscape.
- Work with the Systems Administrator to consistently update and publish new content and assets to the RiseHelps.ca website
- Contribute to improvements and processes related to traffic, conversions, and content for SEO
- Identify opportunities to build Rise’s organizational profile and CEO thought leadership through media, social media and speaking/public engagements.
- Prepare monthly digital reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data related to social media, website traffic and e-communications.
Communications & Storytelling
- Working closely with the Loan Administrator, identify and approach clients on an ongoing basis to discover and develop their personal stories, and write pieces to build up Rise’s “story bank” for digital and print communications
- Coordinate an annual editorial calendar and publish content
- Write engaging and impactful content for fundraising, campaigns, newsletters, client spotlights, and press releases for distribution to key stakeholders
- Project manage digital and print communication materials
- Coordinate archive of communications materials, including photography, stories, printed materials etc.
- Set up and format emails in Mail Chimp, Salesforce and eTapestry
- University degree or certificate in marketing, communications, journalism or related field. Combination of relevant education and work experience may be considered.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marketing, communications, social media or fundraising, ideally in a non-profit environment; Salesforce, eTapestry and fundraising experience a strong asset
- Excellent writer with the ability to inspire various audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of philanthropy and integrated marketing communications
- Knowledge of Canadian media/journalism landscape, and demonstrated success leading social media strategies
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and/or other relevant tools
- Experience managing SEO and SEM campaign execution
- Strong graphic design skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; SharePoint, and eTapestry, or other donor database management systems.
- Demonstrated project coordination skills, with ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- A background working with people who face barriers to employment and financial stability and/or individuals who have experienced mental health or addiction is an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English is considered an asset
- Ambitious, organized and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team (remotely and in-person) efficiently and independently
- Self-directed and proactive with a dedication to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Marketing & Communications Officer” and your name in the subject line. The salary range for this position is $47,000-$52,000.
Rise is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We actively seek racialized and indigenous persons, people with disabilities, (including people who have experienced mental health and addiction challenges), and additional diverse identities for our team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation throughout the recruitment process.