Intensive Behaviour Therapist
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Scarborough (Malvern / Rouge River), ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
This role works directly with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and their families in the provision of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) individual, small group and/or mediator sessions in the areas of communication, behaviour management/emotional regulation, social/interpersonal skills and daily living. This position also provides adjunct parent education skill building sessions. The service is delivered in centre-based environments and at times through telehealth. Some community implementation may be required (e.g., school, daycares).
This is a full-time 12-month contract position
Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing services to young people from birth to age 29 and their families in East Toronto. Formed in January 2020 through the amalgamation of Aisling Discoveries and East Metro Youth Services, Strides Toronto provides a range of community, residential and treatment services to improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, youth and their families. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support.
As Lead Agency for infant, child and youth mental health in Toronto, Strides Toronto works with 25 core service providers to design and implement system-level improvements that transform access to services, experience of services and the mental health outcomes for Toronto’s diverse communities.
Strides Toronto has a budget of $30 million and more than 350 employees providing services out of 19 locations across East Toronto. The organization Is accredited by the Centre for Accreditation and the predecessor organizations have a long history of providing high-quality services in East Toronto.
Why work with us?
- Be part of a long history of leadership and evidence informed practice in child, youth and family service.
- Join a skilled and dedicated team who are passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive.
- Experience opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Be committed to creating a positive and rewarding work environment.
- Share an organizational culture of on-going learning and quality improvement.
- Bring high standards for performance and implementation of best practices and demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation
- Expect a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Join a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak more than 23 languages.
What will you do?
- Deliver direct behavioural services based on the principles of ABA, to children diagnosed with Autism.
- Implement individualized Skill Acquisition Programs to increase appropriate behaviour for one to one or small group sessions
- Collect and track data based on the client’s progress during the intervention
- Provide direct parent mediated training using Behaviour Skills Training (BST) models
- Conduct direct assessments (e.g., VB-MAPP, ABLLS-R, FAST, FBA, FA, direct observation etc.).
- Conduct indirect assessments with parents and caregivers
- Complete administrative duties to ensure proper documentation as outlined by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and Ministry requirements to ensure compliance
- Assist clients with feeding, toileting, dressing (coats, shoes, etc.) and self-help skills as per individual need.
What are we looking for?
- Degree or relevant diploma in Psychology, Social Services/Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Work and/or a Degree or Post-graduate certificate in Behavioural Sciences or Autism Behavioural Science, or completion of 2-week ministry approved training
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), and Intensive Behavioural Intervention.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Autism Program.
- Fluency in another language(s).
- Registered Behaviour Therapist (RBT)
- Working towards BCBA or Board-Certified assistant Behaviour Analyst (BCaBA).
This role is a part of OPSEU Local 567 bargaining unit.
Salary range is $45,442 to $ 52,680
It is a requirement of employment that successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy prior to the commencement of employment.
Vulnerable Sector police check is also required upon hire.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and how you meet the requirements for this position. The application deadline is December 31, 2021
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.