Digital Skills Intern
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Oshawa Central, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Digital Skills Intern - Job Description
Durham Rape Crisis Centre is a feminist organization seeking a highly skilled Intern to support our team.
Digital Skills Intern - Organizational Development
Manager of Community Development and Crisis Services, or Executive Director or designate
The Administrative Coordinator/Digital Skills Intern is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and computer/online based support, social media and communications, and most other tasks requiring computer skills for the team and duties to support the organizational development and the Finance and Administration. The role requires administration and digital skills and duties, in addition functions and services, such as scheduling appointments, website, social media etc. The role can also be responsible for drafting correspondence and communication sent by team.
- Client Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to Administration and all members of the Organization, as required and directed by verbal or written instruction.
- Prepare schedules, book arrangements, and make reservations for management or executive staff in connection with Organizational Development matters.
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of executive team programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Prepare training attendance information and follow up with absences and/or rescheduling needs.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature of the executive team for format, content, grammar, and spelling, and make edits as necessary.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Receive and screen any inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and/or visitors to the office; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
- Coordinate Organizational Development office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues.
- Receive incoming mail/e-mail; review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention of executive staff.
- Facilitate communication from managers and the team.
- Maintain daily appointment calendars of members of Administration.
- Complete expense reports and other financial administration duties.
- Take and transcribe dictation and notes of highly confidential subjects, including minutes of meetings.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Present a positive and professional image to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Assist with any planning or implementation documentation and organization.
- Retain and organize organization-wide culture and morale analysis completed in reference to organizations performance.
- Research and assist with RFP's and budget options for Organizational Development programs and training tools.
- Point of contact for any questions, concerns or suggestions for the Organizational Development.
- Website, software development.
- Adaptive and innovative technologies.
- Web-enabling learning.
- Social media campaigns and other content/presentation development.
- Other Duties as required.
- University degree in Business Administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
- 3 years of direct work experience in an Administrative capacity.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, budget management, reports, etc.
- Superior typing skills.
- Finance and administrative skills.
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail clients, and presentation software.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Ability to interpret and implement organizational policies and procedures.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
- General mathematical and budgeting skills.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the executive team.
- Digital based skills.
- Computer, online, social media skills.
- Website development/management skills.
- Rebranding/marketing skills.
Eligibility for Interns
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Intern must be a post-secondary graduate
- Entitled to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada)
- Must not be receiving Employment Insurance
- Self-identifies as underemployed: by definition, employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employment
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Remote working environment, in-office as required.
This position reports to a Manager or Executive Director or designate.
As an employer, Durham Rape Crisis Centre is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from Indigenous, Francophone, Immigrant and Refugee, Black, Women of Colour, Queer/Trans communities, people with Dis/abilities, and all equity seeking groups to apply for this position. We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a full-time contract position until March 31, 2022.