Philanthropy Solutions Consultant
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Enterprise
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
WHO WE ARE
We are a fast-growing technology consultancy (and Certified B Corp) with big dreams for the future of philanthropy. Our diverse and close-knit team of 18 techies and do-gooders work closely with foundations to help them unlock the full potential of their processes, teams, and technology so that they can do more good - even better.
We’ve worked with some of the world’s largest foundations, including the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Arnold Ventures, Tides USA, and The JW McConnell Foundation.
HOW WE WORK
We’re an ideal match if you seek autonomy, mastery, and purpose in your work. We take pride in our non-hierarchical work culture, where learning trumps ego. Our work and services continually evolve to respond to the continually changing environment of our clients. Active learning, self-management, and emotional maturity are core to how we do meaningful work together.
We live our values by designing a digitally and socially engaged workplace where policies are transparent, team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them, and digital tools enable us to do our best work. This allows our team to have flexible hours and sometimes work remotely; we trust each other to be accountable and to get stuff done (read more about our benefits and culture).
WHO YOU ARE
You are a self-motivated philanthropy specialist who is equally adept at communicating with computers as you are at communicating with people. You are passionate about how technology can help grantmakers have greater impact on causes you care about. You’re also a design thinker - you’re empathetic, curious about the human condition, and understand how design can make a difference in how technology affects the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Philanthropy Solutions Consultants are responsible for managing projects to completion and contributing to the research, analysis, and production of materials that constitute project deliverables. The Philanthropy Solutions Consultant serves as the primary liaison between the client and Grantbook. The role reports to Grantbook’s Director of Client Services.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain client relationships through project delivery
- Working with a project team, ensure that key deadlines and deliverables are met throughout a project’s lifecycle
- Prepare and share weekly project updates, including summaries of milestones completed and upcoming, observed risks, current issues, and budget alignment
- Lead and/or coordinate with other Grantbook team members to gather requirements and research cloud solutions and process improvements that match the scope, requirements, and budget of designated projects
- Draft, submit, and present recommendations for proposed technology, process, strategic or other solutions and related materials, including kick-off decks, assessment & recommendation decks, RFP drafts, and project reports
- Facilitate client meetings and workshops around technology use, processes, data and digital strategy
- Support and coordinate with other Grantbook team members and partners in setting up and deploying approved cloud solutions. This responsibility may involve hands-on software configuration and functional testing, in which cases internal training will be provided
- Help train and support client/users on the implemented technology solutions
- Track and evaluate technology adoption of implemented cloud solutions
- Capture and share lessons learned from projects
- Identify additional opportunities for Grantbook to add value
- Occasional travel to client sites across North America as required
- Provide feedback and help enhance Grantbook’s overall operations
- Contribute to building Grantbook’s institutional knowledge through delivering informal team training, contributing to an internal wiki, and other methods of information sharing
- Support Grantbook’s marketing & sales efforts
- Have fun, work as a team, and "get it done"
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 5 years of philanthropy sector and/or nonprofit experience, ideally with a grants management, technology, process or data focus, or equivalent
- 2-3 years of project management experience in a leadership capacity or equivalent
- High proficiency in the use of cloud solutions for grants management, office productivity, data visualization, or accounting
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing
- Self-organizer and problem-solver who thinks creatively, and can meet tight deadlines across multiple projects
- Proven interpersonal skills and a client-focused approach
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
SALARY & BENEFITS
Your compensation will be determined by the experience and skills you bring to the team. Grantbook uses a tiered salary structure: junior team members earn $59,940, team members earn $65,934, and experienced team members earn $77,922—the correct tier for your candidacy will be discussed in the interview process. All employees receive 4 weeks of paid vacation per year, and a comprehensive benefits package. In addition, all team members at Grantbook participate equally in the employee bonus pool created from 33% of earnings from the previous year. For more information, visit our careers page.
CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Although we’ve listed concrete responsibilities here, as a growing organization there are continual opportunities to learn and grow new kinds of work, whether it is developing a new skill set or bringing a new product/service offering to market. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our work forward.
HOW WE HIRE
As a company dedicated to social good for our clients, our team, and the world, we try to be as transparent as possible about how we work. That includes how we hire. View our hiring process to learn more about what it will entail.
A word of advice: we greatly value communication skills, empathy, and self-awareness in our team. This means the cover letter is a major factor when we hire. Current team members report that putting together their application took them 1-2 hours. Please keep this in mind as you prepare your application!
GrantBook is a leading philanthropy & digital consulting team committed to helping grantmakers adopt a digital mindset to reach their highest potential.
Our mission is to improve the flow of $100 billion in capital to drive catalytic social change. We focus exclusively on grantmakers & affiliate groups, and help them realize the full potential of their strategic mandate, technology systems, and human capacities.
GrantBook has a unique work culture that we are proud of and seek to maintain and grow. We are looking for someone who recognizes our awesomeness and wants to be a part of it. Earlier in our history, we distilled how we build trust, have fun and get work done into three core concepts that remain as critical today as they were then:
- Being Mindful – We aspire to meaningful, respected and profitable work and know that being mindful of individuals and the team is key. We acknowledge what is achievable and realistic today and work to expand our possibilities over time.
- Evidence Trumps Claims – We believe that good decisions come from iteration and debate. When faced with choices, we favour evidence over claims. We seek creative resolutions to challenging questions, look for the strongest business case when faced with difficult decisions and build feedback loops into everything we do.
- Actions Speaks Louder Than Words – We place a high value on moving from words to action in a timely manner. It’s through our actions that the magical moments are created.