Senior Consultant, Sustainability & Climate Change, Calgary
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Calgary, AB
- Impact Category
About this position
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018
Reference Code: 35435-en_US
Job Type: Permanent
Locations: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sustainability and Climate Change (S&CC) at Deloitte:
We are a highly connected global group of over 1000 practitioners across the world and are united by a unique objective throughout our practice: To make an impact that matters to our clients, people, and communities. Our Canadian practice brings people together through a truly National presence and has a diverse range of skills. You will work with people who have a broad range of skills and qualifications – accountants, engineers, scientists, management consultants and industry specialists. You will have the opportunity to work on strategy, advisory, assurance, and management system projects in a broad array of sectors including: retail and consumer business, energy and resources, financial services, and the public sector. Working with us means that you will be working with a leading sustainability practice in the country and globally.
Our long established S&CC practice in Calgary is looking to continually grow, innovate, and offer quality and innovation to our clients. We are looking for a technically strong, motivated, and resilient Consultant or Senior Consultant, who wants to be part of a successful business that is constantly setting new standards for distinction.
Examples of our Sustainability and Climate Change solutions include:
- Reporting, assurance, and compliance
- Management system design and implementation
- Governance and risk management
- Regulatory compliance
- Environmental, health and safety strategy, operations, and assurance
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant and a member of our team you will:
- Deliver successful client engagements in all areas of services offered by Deloitte's Sustainability and Climate Change practice, contributing to diverse projects with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams
- Author presentations and present material to clients
- Perform data analysis in disciplines such as incidents, risks, environmental aspects, etc.
- Help build and foster long-term relationships, including delivering exceptional project management
- Work in a collaborative team environment analyzing client issues and developing solutions
- Support business development as well as the development of new services and solutions, and contribute to thought leadership initiatives
- Pursue a professional and personal growth plan, including an industry and technical learning plan, to develop relevant solutions and stay abreast of market and industry developments
External Posting Qualifications
- We are looking for exceptional and articulate candidates with the following skills, qualifications, and experiences:
- Previous professional services / consulting experience within a reputable firm
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including e.g.,
- Experience with relevant industry standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative, COSO, and ISO (e.g., 31000, 55000, 19600, etc.)
- Experience developing standards, procedures, and processes to implement management system and/or regulatory requirements
- Experience with assurance activities including internal and/or operational audit
- Experience with project management support including budget analysis, status reporting, and issue management
- Undergraduate degree in environmental or related science, engineering, or business education (combined with environmental work experience) with outstanding credentials.
- Sound understanding of corporate sustainability risks across various industry sectors with particular emphasis on energy and resources. Being an active member of one or more associations of industry / sustainability / EHS professionals, is an asset.
- Comfort with combining both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver commitments on time and budget.
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to travel within Canada, the United States and, on selected occasions, overseas, if required.
- In addition, candidates who possess the following will be treated with priority
- Complementary graduate degree (MBA, MSc, MA) with a focus on risk management, corporate compliance, strategy, and operations
- Experience implementing risk management in alignment with ISO 31000 including performing risk assessments
- Experience with regulatory management in one or more disciplines (e.g., safety, asset integrity, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing management systems, including ISO and regulatory mandated management systems (e.g., the National Energy Board’s Onshore Pipeline Regulations)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Please click here to Sign In to see how to apply.
New? Register now. It's free and fast.