Digital Communications Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Digital Communications Coordinator
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of 24-7 services to more than 300 young people each day.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. This includes influencing public policy, leading awareness and prevention programs and continually building and sharing our knowledge. As a learning organization, we strive for excellence and programs with impact.
More than a place to stay, we provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We meet youth’s immediate needs and then we work together to achieve their future goals. We offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community.
Thanks to our donors, who contribute almost 80 per cent of our $33-million annual operating budget, we are able to deliver these comprehensive programs and services.
Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 100,000 young people.
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports the Development and Communications department in developing and delivering on-brand, strategic, integrated digital content.
- Execute social media strategy through identified channels
- Create and maintain monthly social media calendars as part of the larger annual calendar
- Craft daily posts and assets (including graphics), aligned with social media strategy
- Develop small in-house videos for social media campaigns and assist with light video edits as needed
- Conduct and monitor ongoing engagement with audiences across platforms
- Manage all public-facing Communications inboxes (on social media and email), respond to any questions or issues or risks that arise, with support from the Associate Director of Communications
- Work closely with Public Relations team to ensure that social media channels reflect and augment PR opportunities
- With support and direction from Supervisor, assist in the creation and execution of plans for larger social media campaigns connected to key PR opportunities, awareness days and key fundraising campaigns
- Assist the Major Gifts team with corporate recognition policy tracking and implementation
- Evaluate success of tactics and posts based on metrics outlined in annual social media strategy
- Track all metrics and KPIs for annual social media plans, campaigns, and events using native and paid analytics tools. Cross-reference and create intelligence briefs for management
- Conduct ongoing research into best practices, trends, and creative tactics across digital channels
- Create monthly and quarterly briefs on social media successes and learnings for senior management
- Work with program staff across the agency on social media content that will communicate the work Covenant House does
- With direction from Supervisor, craft social media plans for events that align with event goals
- Work closely with PR team to ensure integration of key messages, stories, and tactics for events
- Create participant toolkits (including graphics), CHT promotional posts, and day-of social media plan that aligns with overarching event goals
- Assist with native digital advertising connected to events
- Assist at in-house events, including logistics and on-the-ground social media posting
- Track success of posts, digital ads, user-generated content for third party event microsite and evaluate against event goals
- Create wrap-up reports, with learnings and recommendations for each event
- With direction from Supervisor, update and add content to corporate website and portal on an ongoing basis
- Support with creating content for dynamic sections of the website, based on annual content strategy
- Add and tag select newsletter stories on corporate site, and help with accompanying social media promotion
- Liaise with staff on a monthly basis to collect website updates or create new content
- Conduct regular maintenance checks to website, including links, buttons and updates to PlugIns on a monthly basis
- University degree or college diploma in journalism, communications or public relations
- Proficiency in MS Office, WordPress and professional use of social media channels (esp. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram) required
- Two to three years of work experience in digital communications/marketing, community management or related field
- Creative and nimble approach to social media, with the ability to create on-brand content
- Strong writing abilities, and experience tailoring content to specific audiences and channels
- Sophisticated understanding of social media platforms and digital trends and best practices
- Comfort in and ability to learn new technologies, including CMS
- Proven project coordination experience
- Thorough research and report-writing skills
- Knowledge of social media analytics and monitoring tools, including native and paid tools
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing and time-sensitive deadlines
What we offer:
- Meaningful work.
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Personal Days, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement and more)
- Paid vacation time.
- Employee perks
Interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter by April 5, 2023.
We thank all applicants however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*At Covenant House Toronto we believe in a workplace culture of inclusion that is welcoming, respectful and safe for all staff. It is critical to Covenant House Toronto success to eliminate barriers and promote the inclusion of equity groups. Equity groups have been, and continue to be, underrepresented and marginalized in the workforce, leadership roles, and in some specific occupations. Equity groups include but may not be limited to Indigenous persons, racialized people, gender diverse people, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policy on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Covenant House recruitment process.