Manager, Client Services Residential Portfolio
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Hamilton, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Manager – Client Services Residential Portfolio
Community Living Hamilton (CLH), a busy and vibrant organization that supports 1,600 adults and children with diverse abilities thrive in the community. We have an opening for the role of Manager, Client Services in our Residential Portfolio within our agency.
ORGANIZATION PROFILE – CLH is the region’s largest service provider for individuals with developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome and Autism. We are dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential, be included in our community and, ultimately, build great lives.
This is an exciting time to join Community Living Hamilton. We have redefined our Mission, Vision and new Values and are in the process of establishing a new strategic plan for the next three to five years. As an accredited organization, we offer widely recognized expertise and serve more than 1,600 people with special needs every year – from children to aging seniors. We offer community participation programs, residential services, respite services, employment supports and services designed for children.
The Manager, Client Services role is responsible for the overall management of our Group Living Residential Portfolio offered by our agency across the greater Hamilton area. It is meant to provide accommodation, care and supervision to adults with a developmental disability in group living settings. To support the development of a personal Individual Support Plan (ISP) based on the principles of self-determination, social inclusion, citizenship and choice, and to provide services that are reflective of this plan, she/he will:
- Maintain oversight of a team of Director Support Facilitators; respond to inquiries, requests/concerns, address and resolve issues when supporting staff.
- Ensure performance management protocols are adhered to in relation to the responsibilities and requirements of the employee’s position.
- Develop, maintain and promote a high level of quality service delivery.
- Lead and supervise the program staff.
- Ensure programs meet all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Manage day-to-day administration of the programs.
- Provide enhanced program development, planning and evaluation.
- Promote community and stakeholder engagement.
- Have working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, applicable labour laws, and Collective Agreements.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and engaging team player with the following:
- Degree or diploma in Developmental Services, Social Services, or Management, or equivalent education and experience.
- Previous experience working with people with special needs.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management, supervisory or team leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing dynamic and engaging programs for and with people with special needs.
- Highly skilled in client/family liaison and stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in Developmental Services as well as demonstrated experience with Quality Assurance Measures.
- Previous experience managing in a unionized environment is preferred.
- A commitment to inclusion and empowerment for people with special needs.
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Fluency in a language other than English is an asset.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS ROLE WILL BE:
- A strategic thinker who is also capable of end-to-end tactical execution.
- Able to communicate a vision clearly, inspire others to achieve results.
- Innovative and a life-long learner.
- Analytical and capable of integrating and interpreting a variety of data in order to leverage best-practices and achieve business goals.
- A collaborative role model for frontline staff.
- Expert facilitation and conflict management skills.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to be creative and problem solve – able to execute under deadline pressure.
- Committed to personal accountability.
- A passionate advocate for people with special needs and their families.
This position will require some local travel.