Manager, Clinical Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Woodstock, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, performance-driven Manager of Clinical Services to join our team. Reporting directly to the Clinical Director, and in accordance with both the Child & Youth Family Services Act and the Policies and Procedures of Wellkin Child & Youth Mental Wellness, the Manager of Clinical Services is accountable for supervising the direct provision of mental health services to children, adolescents, youth and families in Oxford & Elgin County.
As a key member of the Management team, the Manager of Clinical Services will exemplify a passion for leadership and the tenacity to change culture embracing continuous improvement for the infants, children, youth and families we serve.
This role is targeted to commence on August 16, 2021.
The primary functions of this role will include:
- Leading and inspiring clinical staff in the transition of a client-centred care model that focuses on service excellence.
- Participating in the implementation of the Strategic and Operational Plan to ensure alignment with the agency’s vision, mission and budget.
- Demonstrating creativity in planning for the long-term implementation of virtual services focused on innovative and leading best practices.
- Supervising, coaching and supporting staff including performance management and their professional development goals.
- Monitoring clinical staff caseloads, direct service hours, etc. for timely statistical reporting.
- Recruiting, training and providing orientation to new employees and interns with an emphasis on building a team that will place the children and youth we support at the heart of our agency.
- Assisting in the planning, development and implementation of continuous improvement and evaluation of all clinical-related programs with a focus on Ministry "Service Description Schedules".
- Embracing and promoting policy administration, regulatory and funder requirements with an emphasis on maintaining a proactive effort toward accreditation and certification.
- Participating in the preparation and completion of documentation, periodic summaries and clinical program updates for Board and Management meetings.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to continuously improving the quality of life of children, youth and families through professional development.
- Flexibility to travel between Oxford and Elgin counties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Masters level degree from a University of recognized standing, preferably in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent.
- Registered with the College of Social Work or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, and in good standing.
- Previous experience in an established children's mental health centre, a community mental health centre, hospital, or comparable setting.
- Management/Supervisory experience working within the social service sector.
- Experience with child protective services and crisis intervention would be an asset.
- Proficiency in computer/information technology.
- Ability to support multi-site locations including evenings and weekends as may be required to provide accessible services for the children, youth and families we serve.
If you are a caring, compassionate leader that brings a strong clinical background combined with creativity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 4, 2021.
Wellkin thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. During the recruitment process, and all times, we offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding a position with Wellkin, please advise if you require accommodation.