Activity Worker -Adult Day Program@Home Spoke
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Adult Day Program @ Home Spoke is an in-home Adult Day Program offering respite to caregivers and providing older adults with individualized plans of care. The program includes a variety of social and wellness activities and companionship as well as addressing social isolation. Activities include exercise, mental stimulation, crafts, health promotion, and disease prevention. Spokes are going to homes of seniors in the community of Aurora and Bradford, Ontario.
The Activity Worker position is full-time 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager-ADP, you will deliver individual wellness and therapeutic programs for frail and cognitively impaired older adults to support their independence, good health, and well-being supporting clients in their home.
Requirements for the position include:
- Educational background in Personal Support Worker, Social Service Worker, Gerontology or related field.
- Experience working with seniors one on one.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in developing partnerships to enhance therapeutic programming.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Actively participate as a team member and work with others to achieve common goals.
- Proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel, Database, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Vehicle and valid Ontario driver’s license are required.
- Certificate in Tiered Exercise or approved senior exercise training, an asset (or willing to be trained)
- Certificate in Functional Fitness, an asset (or willing to be trained)
- Recreation program leadership & coordination experience, an asset
- Fluency in both official languages (English & French) and/or other language(s), an asset.
CHATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodation will be provided to individuals with disability, upon request
If you are enthusiastic about planning new, innovative programs on a daily basis to keep the program fresh and interesting, we’d like to hear from you!