Donor Relations Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
JOB POSTING – 2022
Donor Relations Coordinator
Role Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Organization: Canadian Jesuits International (CJI))
Location: 70 Saint Mary Street, Toronto, Ontario
Type of employment: Permanent, full time (with a 6 month probationary period)
Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000 plus benefits; three weeks’ vacation to start, professional development opportunities
Canadian Jesuits International
Canadian Jesuits International is the international solidarity agency of the Jesuits of Canada that supports marginalized people in Africa, Asia and Latin America in their struggle for a more just society through the work of Jesuits and other partners. It supports partners in the Global South with projects in education, ecological justice, livelihoods, defense of human rights, support for forcibly displaced people and humanitarian assistance. These activities are carried out in coordination with the global network of Jesuit organizations. CJI also carries out public education and advocacy in Canada to promote international social justice and global solidarity.
We are a small, dynamic team where you will find opportunities to make a difference with progressive, human rights-focused work.
Summary of the Position
Canadian Jesuits International (CJI) seeks a highly motivated, dynamic Fundraising Professional to join our small but highly committed team.
The person in this position will report to the Executive Director. The Donor Relations Coordinator will be motivated by a keen interest in social justice and international solidarity. They will provide effective stewardship of existing fundraising strategies with a range of donors, and develop and implement creative and new approaches to support the sustainable operation of the organization and its mandate to support international partners.
The work location is at the CJI’s offices in the Bay/Bloor area of downtown Toronto, with the possibility of some remote work. This position requires some local and national travel and occasional international travel. Ability to travel is a requirement.
The Donor Relations Coordinator will have the following Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and implement CJI’s fundraising plans.
- Provide leadership in identifying new opportunities and new ways of raising funds.
- Develop donor upgrading and acquisition strategies, including planned giving, with a focus on major donors.
- Work with our staff team to ensure that the organization has a holistic fundraising approach: integrating Communications, Outreach, international Programs and Administration to build a donor-centric culture in the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest fundraising trends and opportunities in Canada, and devise strategies to learn from and implement these at CJI.
- Identify and follow up on prospects for upgrading donors (monthly, major gifts and planned giving).
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors through one-on-one meetings, and by phone, letters, email and personalized reports on funded projects in order to maintain and increase donors’ connections with CJI over time.
- Take the lead in developing donor-specific communications, e.g. recognition letters, project funding updates and specialized direct donor approaches.
- Monitor and report on fundraising and donor metrics.
- Provide analysis of fundraising effectiveness to the Director, staff team and Board as required.
- Implement segmentation of donor database through strong CRM database knowledge and proficiency.
- Produce materials and data profiles to represent the organization to the public, donors and prospective donors.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the organization’s programs and funding priorities.
- 3 - 5 years’ fundraising experience.
- Experience with major donors and broad-based fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; a second language (Spanish and/or French) is an asset.
- Strong writing, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and sensitively to ensure respect and inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and international development.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based organization, with Jesuit partners, Roman Catholic audiences and institutions. An understanding of Catholic Social Teaching is required.
- Effective in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to connect with and respond to CJI’s supporters and other people from different backgrounds and with diverse perspectives on our work.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge, social media, online and print communication.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, capacity to take the initiative, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a small team, and independently.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV by email only, to: CANcjijobposting@jesuits.org
Applications will be accepted until a firm deadline of 5 pm EST on June 3. We encourage you to apply early. Start date to be negotiated.
CJI is committed to diversity in its workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.