- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
WellFort is seeking a Midwife to join our fully integrated primary care team!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provides care for healthy, pregnant women and their babies until 12 weeks of life
- Examines and monitors women for all prenatal and postnatal care
- Provide prenatal, labour and birth, and postpartum education
- Orders investigations such as laboratory and ultrasound
- Interview/take histories, examine, make assessments, taking into account the social determinants of health and incorporating health teachings as appropriate
- Prescribes and administers medication during pregnancy and the postpartum period if needed in accordance with standards of the College of Midwives of Ontario
- Refer clients to specialist, hospital or community resources as appropriate
- Provides emotional support and reassurance to women and their support persons
- Provides lactation consultation
- Collaborate with other health professionals on the team as required to provide antenatal and postpartum care, and in establishing other health concerns and plan of care for clients and their infants.
- Actively participates in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of health promotion, education and support programs that are relevant to the community
- Provides prenatal information and counselling to individuals and groups through discussion, workshops/presentations, health fair displays, videos and the provision of written materials
- Bachelor degree of Health Sciences (BHSc) in Midwifery or in a relevant field
- Current registration with the College of Midwives of Ontario (CMO) and membership with Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM).
- Completed an “Alternate Practice Arrangement (APA)-Type 1- Modified Primary Care” program approved by CMO is an asset.
- Experience with contraceptive care (prescribing OCPs, inserting IUDs) an asset
- Experience with Mifegymiso, medical abortion, MVA, 1st trimester loss management and pro-choice is an asset
- Hold privileges at the William Osler Health System - Brampton Civic Hospital is an asset.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (homeless, under housed, street affected, living with mental health illness, active or past drug use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, noninsured)
- Three to five years’ experience in primary care settings (community-based preferred).
- Experience in a value based non-profit or social services organization would be an asset.
- Strong observational skills and ability to deal with emotionally charged situations
- Experience working in interdisciplinary team environment
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications and Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca .
Salary range: $ 87,554– $103,005 (plus full benefits and HOOPP pension plan)
Position Type: Full-time 1.0FTE
Interested applicants may send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: February 9, 2020
Please put “MIDWIFE0220” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity.