Team Lead, Accounts Payable (One-year contract, Location 180 Duncan Mill Road, Toronto)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. As GGC moves into a new era of financial management across the country we are seeking candidates who will embrace the opportunity to evolve this new way of work.
GGC is actively searching for a Team Lead, Accounts Payable.
The Team Lead, Accounts Payable will:
- Oversee the purchase card administrators as well as accounts payable administrators
- Ensure appropriate coding, pricing and compliance to expenditure policies.
- Manage payment runs, including cheques, ETSs, and credit cards.
- Assist in the preparation of sales tax and payroll remittances
- Complete month end procedures for accounts payable sub ledgers and related accounts.
You are the model candidate if you have:
- Post- Secondary education in Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience leading a team and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in the full procure to pay cycle.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the accounts payable function
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Have demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, advanced Excel.
- Have sound analytical skills in relation to numerical data.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to handle a high volume of work and prioritize work received from multiple sources
- Are a positive, enthusiastic and committed team player and have a demonstrated high degree of initiative, judgement and problem-solving ability.
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- Experience in Sage or a similar ERP
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) by 5:00 p.m. January 24, 2020 to Leisa McKenzie, Employee Experience Business Partner, HR@girlguides.ca
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
*Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
Organization Description not provided