- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Old Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
This position is responsible for a variety of duties related to scientific writing and coordinating the submission of grant funding proposals, as well as preparing related written materials.
Do you like working in for impact organizations? Do you enjoy turning facts, ideas and concepts into neat, polished, engaging stories and packages? Have you got a penchant for writing, taking initiative and following through on administrative tasks? We are looking for an organized multi-tasker with an eye for detail to support the proposal development activities of a busy research institute.
Reporting to the Senior Strategy Officer, the Grants Facilitator supports the Fields Directorate’s efforts to maximize funding opportunities through proposal development, and facilitates the preparation of external research funding applications.
- Develops and writes funding applications that support the research and engagement objectives of the Fields Institute, in consultation with key stakeholders. Participates in the writing process, including drafting, soliciting necessary input, supporting/collaborating with scientists, and researching and developing budgets.
- Supports the development and logistics of individual, multidisciplinary, and multi-institutional funding applications.
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation of, and collating materials related to funding proposals, grant submissions, and progress reports.
- Solicits letters of support for applications.
- Coordinates the grant application submission process and ensures timely and accurate submission of all materials and proposals.
- Liaises with Principal Investigators and study staff to obtain relevant supporting materials in a timely manner.
- Helps coordinate and facilitate negotiation of terms of agreements including funding contracts with sponsors, collaboration agreements with key partners and other contracts as required to operationalize research projects.
- Maintains pre- and post- award archives.
- Keeps abreast of potential local, national, and international funding opportunities, as well as maintains up to date knowledge of major funders’ submission deadlines and specific institutional guidelines.
- Reviews potential funding opportunities to determine feasibility of application success.
- Brings forward prospective award and funding applications for discussion with appropriate personnel.
- Provides layout and formatting recommendations according to grant agency requirements
- Coordinates internal proposal development processes including meetings, documentation creation and archiving to ensure that the team functions smoothly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Planning, organizing, project management skills and initiative in order to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities with meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of, and expertise in, coordinating large multi-site and multi-disciplinary research proposal submissions to funding bodies.
- Skill and expertise in conducting literature reviews, syntheses, and critical appraisals.
- Skill and ability to approach and manage assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills in order to interact well with internal and external stakeholders, and maintain effective linkages with all levels of contact.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree (at Minimum) in sciences and engineering
- Minimum of 4 years' experience supporting knowledge synthesis projects at an academic department, research institute or organization related to sciences and engineering
Attributes and Competencies-
- Excellent written communication skills to develop commentary, reports, summaries and presentations.
- Familiarity with MS Office- Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Effective interpersonal skills required to interact well with internal team members and external stakeholders, and maintain effective relationships.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to think strategically.