- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance use, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
1 Permanent Full-Time Position
The Financial Analyst, as a member of the finance department, is responsible for providing assistance and analysis regarding the accounts and assorted transactions pertaining to the operation of the various programs of LOFT, including financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, month-end journal entries, reconciliations. This position also provides support and back up for other functions found within the department such as payroll, accounts payable and preparation for the annual audit.
- receiving and reviewing all rent transactions and reconciling deposits to bank summary, in collaboration with program directors
- receiving and reconciling donation cheques, as well as other various cheques, including trips to the bank
- analysis advance accounts and co-ordinating the collection of receipts of various accounts, journal entry to balance and reconciliations of these accounts (in collaboration with program directors)
- analysis of donations received, plus monthly reconciliations, in collaboration with the development department
- producing and analysing various standard and non routine reports, calculating and recording general ledger entries and performing reconciliations for month end, year-end and budget season (accruals, prepayments, A/R, etc)
- assist FP&A Manager with variance analysis, plus also helping with budgeting and forecasting (quarterly and annually)
- review every operating budget on a monthly basis, comparing actuals to budget and provide recommendations
- prepare quarterly reports or invoices for various ministries and government organizations
- prepare year end reports and detailed working papers for external audit purposes
- various ad hoc analysis, reports, etc.
- CPA or actively perusing the designation;
- two or more years experience in an accounting environment preparing reconciliations, journal entries; financial analysis is an asset;
- excellent knowledge of general accounting principles and practices;
- knowledge and practical experience in maintaining a general ledger and performing reconciliations;
- strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel;
- knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics is a plus;
- detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- ability to work independently and effectively within a multi-disciplinary team;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
TO APPLY: Send resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: January 30, 2020
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FULL JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF YOUR EMAIL AND ON YOUR COVER LETTER.
Organization Description not provided