Contracts Specialist (one-year contract)
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe, inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
GGC is actively searching for an outstanding Contracts Specialist.
This is a full-time one-year contract position starting as soon as possible, with the possibility of an extension thereafter. Flexible (partial remote) work arrangements will be considered.
Reporting to GGC’s In-House Legal Counsel, the Contracts Specialist will be responsible for leading in the design and implementation of a centralized contract management system that streamlines disparate ways of work and minimizes risk to the organization. This role will also involve some substantive review, drafting, and negotiation of contracts and assisting with contract templates and acceptable standard clauses.
This role will include, but is not limited to:
- Working with various internal and external stakeholders to learn the organization’s needs to lead the design and implementation of an end-to-end centralized contract management system (from initial contract creation to filing and maintaining the completed contracts).
- Researching the build and/or adaptation of a technological solution to house the centralized management of GGC contracts.
- Building processes, workflows, best practices, guidelines and templates to streamline the handling of contracts.
- Reviewing and analyzing common GGC contracts and contract terms related to a variety of member, vendor, trade, commercial, financial, property and operational matters to integrate into the technological solution and drafting contracts and contract provisions, as needed.
- Assisting Legal Counsel with contract templates, online booking system management, and handling the initial volume of contracts in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring that GGC's departments and stakeholders are properly informed of the contract management changes though consultation and communication.
- Providing legal support with respect to complex transactions including contract negotiation, interpretation, attending and leading meetings, drafting and responding to key communications, issue resolution and dispute management.
- Advising GGC on legal trends and developing areas of law.
You are the model candidate if you are licensed to practice law in at least one Canadian jurisdiction-member in good standing; have at least 3 years of experience as a lawyer in a law firm or in-house, with expertise in contract law and a strong understanding of contracts legal principles and experience with contractual agreements; you are tech savvy with experience in tech solutions for contract procurement and management; you have knowledge of the principles and methodology for a process-orientated, integrated approach to procuring, producing, and delivering contracts to a large organization; you possess the ability to work in an organized, efficient manner in a fast-paced environment and work well with minimal supervision and as part of a team; you have superior communication, customer service and problem solving skills and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative, credible and trusting relationships and partnership with individuals across the organization; you possess a high level of personal integrity, respect for confidentiality and the ability to exercise sound judgement; you are detail- oriented, capable of handling heavy, multi-layered organization, and be responsive to tight turn around schedules.
Previous working experience in a not-for-profit environment is an asset, but not required.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
*We will be reviewing applicants and interviewing on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) to:
Leisa McKenzie – Manager, People & Culture
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3 E-mail HR@girlguides.ca
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided