- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- North York, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Toronto (North York) Office
Canadian Feed The Children (CFTC) – proudly and independently Canadian since 1986 – works to unlock children’s potential through community-led action in Canada and around the world. CFTC delivers development programs through local partners that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on children’s lives and on the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. We proudly work with 26 Indigenous communities in Canada along with, partners in Uganda, Ghana, Ethiopia and Bolivia. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an exceptional team player who thrives on organizing, planning, coordinating and taking the initiative to complete multi-step administrative processes. Your focus will primarily be on supporting our Programs team (Canada and International) which means staying keenly aware of country office priorities, partner activities, program reports, transfer payments, expenses, contracts and deadlines.
This role acts as the central hub for keeping all administrative and clerical activities aligned with operational needs. Your ability to tie it all together means you also understand that the human resources, fundraising and development teams are essential to supporting our high-quality programs. As such, you will have the opportunity to also provide administrative and clerical support to these areas.
We are a smaller, agile and dynamic team and so, you should excel in an environment where everyone knows the importance of pitching in to achieve our mission to unlock children’s potential through community-led action in Canada and around the world. Here are some of the activities and responsibilities for this role:
- Take ownership of administrative processes which are essential for global program delivery, project-support, country strategies, funding proposal development and the program matrix, while regularly liaising with head office and country office staff
- Administrative support for the review of partner budgets, preparation of the transfer documents for partners and review with the finance team, track partner notifications to ensure timely receipt of reports, prepare and keep track of contracts with partners
- Supports the compilation, assessment, editing and strengthening of country office documents, plans, budgets, trip and expense reports, field monitoring reports, quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports, concept notes, proposals, etc.
- Be on top of scheduling for the programs team, setting up meetings via video conferencing with our country office staff, travel bookings, coordinating calendars, meetings, etc.
- Attend internal meetings, efficiently take electronic minutes, circulating minutes and following up on action items and deliverables
- Assist with the coordination and planning of program-related workshops and events
- Provide administrative support with institutional funding initiatives including, maintaining documents for Global Affairs Canada, assist with the submission of proposals and supporting documents
- Maintain program records for networking, industry contacts and strategic relations purposes
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Executive Assistant & Board Governance Coordinator with booking travel, meetings, logistics of team administration, coding invoices, set up and coordination of Board meetings, etc.
- Supporting the VP, People & Culture with a wide range of human resources responsibilities including the clerical and administration tasks related to all aspects of the employee-life cycle including recruitment, orientation, volunteer initiatives, engagement strategies, time management and attendance tracking, policies, training, health and safety, legislative compliance, office facilities, preparing Board committee documents, expense payment preparation, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the fundraising and development team as needed
- Manage logistics of partner forums, prepare documents, reports, etc. for distribution or filing
- Actively seek out the information you need to effectively complete tasks
- Maintain comprehensive, efficient and well-organized systems and files
What You Offer
- Excellent skills with computer software and hardware including databases, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong administrative and clerical skills to support each team
- Strong aptitude for tracking, checking and reconciling expense reports combined with financial competence (i.e. you really enjoy numbers)
- Great people skills, ability to build rapport, effectively listen, reflect and respond while making a value-added contribution to our culture
- Exceptional ability to understand how it all fits together and then, to effectively and efficiently plan, organize and administer tasks and activities
- An approach that is flexible, adaptive, creative and always looking for improvements
- Self-direction, initiative and the proven ability to take ownership of processes, seeing activities through to proper completion
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, ability to manage conflicting priorities, competent in handling ambiguous and confidential information, sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Previous administrative experience and skills which will transfer into this role with ease
- The desire to achieve our mission while having fun
Interested? Please submit your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. Our recruitment process begins as soon as applications are received. This position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Canadian Feed The Children is committed to creating a diverse and equality-based environment. We are committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Feed the Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty.