- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Evergreen is currently looking for an energetic, detail-focused team-player to fill an Executive Assistant role. The Executive Assistant plays a critical function within Evergreen and is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Executive Officer, Board Chair, Board of Directors and other executive team members. This role also supports the day-to-day operations of the office and assists, as needed, with special projects and staff events.
- Provide executive-level and professional administrative support, such as conducting research, preparing Board reports, handling information requests, drafting internal and external correspondence
- Exercise confidentiality in the management and release of all information
- Coordinate, set and monitor the meeting calendar for the Chief Executive Officer, prioritizing items based on an understanding of context
- Compose/edit a variety of highly confidential documents such as correspondence, memos, contracts, proposals, reports, and presentations
- Coordinate resources to support the executive in addressing identified issues
- Compile, proofread, and format Board reports and other documents and presentations, ensuring established deadlines are met
- Perform a variety of administrative functions related to meetings, including scheduling, room booking, researching and coordinating agendas and distributing documentation
- Coordinate with various senior internal and external stakeholders to synchronize cross-functional agenda items
- Accurately captures meeting notes and assist with related follow-up actions as required
- Arrange travel for the Chief Executive Officer and other executive team members as need
- Provide historical resource reference by developing and maintaining organized filing systems; maintains records, locates files, documents and other information
- Help facilitate staff meetings or other staff events as required
- Provide support to the executive in employee engagement and culture building initiatives.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen, and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/enthusiasm/persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Chief Executive Officer
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in executive-level assistance
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office functions and database programs
- Demonstrated interest or experience working with not-for-profit organizations would be considered assets
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities under pressure
- Ability to take initiative, to take direction, and to work independently
- Office environment
- Regular work week with occasional evenings or weekend to attend Board meetings or other events
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Organization Description not provided