Field Member Growth Coordinator (Location 107-252 Esplanade W., North Vancouver, BC)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- North Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. As GGC moves into a new era of providing excellent support across the country, we are seeking candidates who will embrace the opportunity to evolve this new way of work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading girl-driven organization in a role that is critical to unleashing organization potential to grow.
GGC is actively searching for a Field Member Growth Coordinator, BC.
This role reports to the Manager, Member Growth and supports membership growth British Columbia through the planning and execution of acquisition activities to drive membership growth. Most importantly, it contributes to a team that helps girls and women across the country to join an exciting movement that allows a girl to be everything she wants to be.
The Field Member Growth Coordinator position will coordinate with volunteers and staff in British Columbia and national office staff to support growth in all acquisition projects, pilot programs and local community outreach plans.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the national and local member growth team, lead the development of annual growth plan for BC with targets and activities and provide periodic reporting on its progress.
- In coordination with local member team and other field support staff, determine and prioritize areas where there are opportunities for membership growth and undertake growth initiatives in these areas.
- Collect and analyze information related to the challenges and opportunities for growing Guiding in BC (demographics, socio-economics, other youth programming, volunteerism stats, organizational membership data, etc.).
- In collaboration with the MarComm Outreach Staff; a.) support the development of partnerships in local areas for member growth initiatives; b.) seek out and participate in local recruitment experiences (school events, community events); c.) arrange and implement meetings and presentations with community organizations, schools, corporations, educators, and other community constituents; and d.) support the creation of BC-focused marketing collateral and other promotional materials.
- Execute pilot projects for growth locally, as identified by the national Member Growth Department and provide documentation of these local pilot projects.
- Support nationally-led growth campaigns that directly benefit the BC council and report on its outcomes.
- Adhere to internal documented process for record keeping, member registration, volunteer onboarding, and unit support.
- Support hiring local temporary staff or onboarding volunteers for community outreach and recruitment activities.
- A related Degree or Diploma or relevant work experience
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Demonstrated ability to plan interesting and inviting information events and girl programming
- The ability to work independently, and with a team
- Experience working with growth/sales initiatives or targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 2-3 years of Sales experience
- Non-profit and Volunteer sector experience
- Knowledge of Girl Guides of Canada
Must be able to work evenings and weekends and willing to travel within the province
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations by 5:00 p.m. February 7, 2020 to:
Lisa Pereira – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
*Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
Organization Description not provided