Donor Services Associate (associé, Services aux donateurs)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
*Version française disponible sur notre site Web*
Donor Services Associate
Join our team to create a better tomorrow for all of us
At The Ottawa Hospital Foundation, you don’t have to wear all the hats.
Working alongside a talented, 8-person gift processing team, you’ll directly support donors, patients, and community partners who reach out by phone and mail.
If you have experience with accounts receivable, CRM database and/or administration and you love:
Interacting with people through phone and in-person
Working in databases
- Keeping files and information organized
Structured workdays with consistent core responsibilities each day
This role is for you.
“This role is a great fit for organized, detailed people who excel at numbers and databases. A friendly and helpful disposition is also important since my replacement will regularly interact with donors, patients, and other community partners over the phone.” – Sarah Stooke, outgoing Donor Services Associate
We want YOU by our side to help transform the future of healthcare.
Position Type: Full-time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Number of Vacancies: 1 (to backfill a promotion)
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Annual Salary: The salary range for this position is $41,000-$59,000 with a current hiring range of $41,000-$48,500
Experience: 2+ years experience in administration, CRM databases and/or accounts receivable (gift processing)
Pension and Medical Benefits: Includes medical benefits (semi-private hospital, extended health care, vision care, dental care); life insurance; employee and family assistance program; defined benefits pension, and more.
Vacation: 3 weeks per annum (and team crossing-training to easily facilitate vacation coverage)
Location: As this role regularly requires the handling of mail, cash, and cheques, this position is strictly onsite at our Civic Campus office (737 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario)
Working hours: Owing to phone coverage, the successful candidate will work our official business hours (8:30am-4:30pm).
Languages: English and French essential
Deadline to Apply: We will begin reviewing applicants of as May 30 2023.
Questions? Feel free to schedule a call with Kristen Shier, Human Resource Officer, at TOHFemail@example.com
Read on to learn more about us and the future you.
OUR MISSION: THE CAMPAIGN TO CREATE TOMORROW
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation has launched the historic $500 million Campaign to Create Tomorrow, a multi-year campaign to support the construction of a new state-of-the-art hospital on Carling Avenue, as well as world-leading medical research. It’s the largest ever fundraising campaign in our region’s history, representing an ambitious vision for the future of healthcare.
“I came from the private sector and was lacking fulfillment. My job was focused on the bottom-line – to make money for a corporation. The Foundation was a welcome change. I connect with the cause, and my work actually matters.”- Natasha De Sousa, Development Officer
The Campaign To Create Tomorrow already has overwhelming community support. Our team of fundraisers have raised $268m (53%) since launching the campaign 3 years ago, which includes some of the largest-ever donations in our city’s history.
WHAT WOULD MY JOB LOOK LIKE?
The success candidate will:
- Receive, process, and deposit incoming donations daily.
- Enter donations and donor information into Raiser’s Edge database system with accuracy and attention to detail, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service as the lead for our main phone line: taking donations, troubleshooting, and triaging calls to appropriate team members.
- Liaise with donors and others to seek updated contact information when outgoing mail is returned as undeliverable.
- Update donor profiles to reflect changes in address, email consent, mailing preference etc.
- Manage the filing system for all gift documentation, ensuing completeness of records for audit purposes.
- Additional administrative tasks, such as ordering supplies, as needed.
- Strong data entry skills with high attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to pivot between telephone coverage and focused database/administrative work
- Proficient with the use of database technology and other business software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, and maturity in dealing with stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, colleagues, and the general public.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud) or other CRM database would be considered an asset
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours are required
- Willingness and ability to work through our two busy seasons: March and November through mid-January; these time periods are typically blackout dates for vacation.