- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Waterloo, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
COMPETITIONS COORDINATOR- Waterloo Office
Skills Ontario is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting careers in the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario youth through a variety of programs and competitions across the province. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, flexible schedules and a real opportunity to make a difference!
Skills Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
As the Competition Coordinator you will work closely as part of a vibrant team in the Competition Department. The position is diverse, collaborative, and requires the individual to possess a high level of diplomacy and outstanding communication skills both verbal and written, as we are often in contact with key stakeholders and our valued volunteers. The role at times involves a fast-paced environment, where attention to detail is integral.
This position will be the primary lead for the successful planning and execution of:
- Coordination and arrangement of requirements for the Qualifying Competitions; with support from the team
- Planning and managing the infrastructure for select contests at the Provincial Skills Ontario Competition; technology related contests and Elementary Challenges
- Facilitating the organization of IT requirements with our partners, for all related contests at the Provincial Skills Ontario Competition
- Coordinating and recruiting volunteers for the Qualifying and Provincial Competition
- Arranging orders and logistics of all competitions medals, pins, shirts and Team Ontario attire
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with event vendors, suppliers and volunteers
- Supporting the Competition Team and overall Organization for special events, conferences and programming
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by senior management.
- The ability to work both independently and as an active and collaborative team player with strong initiative
- Post-Secondary Education
- Prior hands-on aptitude and experience in Event and/ or Project Planning, Management or Administration as asset
- Excellent attention to detail, comfortable with tracking data and spreadsheets; high organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed decision making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and/ or a background of the skilled trades and technology an asset, but not required
- Ability to manage numerous projects and priorities simultaneously
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English; fluency in French is an asset, but not required
- Proficiency working with Windows and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to be hands-on, as the role requires physical labour at times
- Must be willing to travel; occasional travel predominantly within the province will be required; out of province for the Skills Canada National Competition annually
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Forklift and first aid/ CPR trained; or willing to obtain
Start Date: October 2019
For more information about Skills Ontario please visit: www.skillsontario.com
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file to email@example.com no later than 4:00pm on Tuesday August 27, 2019. These documents should outline how the applicant is qualified for this role, and how their specific qualifications prepare them to further Skills Ontario’s mission.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be arranged for mid-September, with an expectation of an approximate start date of October 15, 2018.
At Skills Ontario, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all youth. As such, the selected candidate will be required to submit references and a vulnerable sectors–criminal records check.
Organization Description not provided