Employer Liaison / Job Developer
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Agilec is looking for dedicated, self-directed team members. We offer an excellent work environment and company benefits. Our mission is to help people and organizations develop their potential. The foundation of Agilec is our values. We have identified six core values that form our approach to serving clients, customers and each other:
Person Centered, Inclusiveness, Empowering, Team, Excellence, Integrity
Position: Employer Liaison/Job Developer
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Address: 1900 City Park Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, ON K1J 1A3
Working in an outcomes based environment, with set performance targets, the Employer Liaison helps candidates connect with employment opportunities while working directly with employers to promote our services, determine employer needs, and propose solutions through job matching and placement of clients.
Completed post-secondary education from a recognized Canadian Institute or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of Account management/Sales experience
- Proven Account Management/Sales skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Demonstrated success in achieving target outcomes
- Job Development and Employer Outreach
- Experience working with new immigrants and those identifying disabilities or other barriers to employment
- Fluently bilingual in French and English essential (written and oral communication)
- Sales presentation skills; creating and delivering presentations
- Ability to motivate and empower others through coaching and positive feedback
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with diverse group of participants including persons with multiple barriers, establish rapport quickly and maintain effective working relationships.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to execute a plan
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Selling and closing techniques
- Proven solution focused coaching skills
- Knowledge of the local and provincial labour markets
- Strong knowledge of careers and occupations, various job requirements, job search skills
- Knowledge of community and government resources available to clients and employers
- General knowledge of Employment & Human Resources Legislation and practices considered an asset
- Basic understanding of computer networks, hardware, and office equipment
Hours and Duration:
- 40 hours per week (subject to change)
- Current Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; and Wednesdays open until 7:00 p.m.
- Will be required to travel within or outside of regular working hours to meetings and community events, training, seminars, or to work in other locations
- Use of personal auto and valid driver’s license are required; supplemental business insurance may be required. Mileage is compensated for use of personal vehicle for work-related purposes.
Hourly Rate: Employer Liaison pay scale applies
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Lisa Manwell, Team Leader at email@example.com Please place EL – “Your Last Name” - Ottawa in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: August 28, 2019 at noon
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided