- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Oakville, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The ideal candidate must have a strong knowledge of anti-racism/anti-oppression, racial equity and social change. The successful candidate will be able to engage with diverse audiences and have excellent facilitation, writing, and organization skills and will be encouraged to create and develop new initiatives.
During COVID this position will be a combination of work from home and in the office (Oakville) with trainings being done remotely but our hope is that as of January 2022 this will move to in person training.
- Lead and facilitate antiracism training on behalf of HMC.
- Support planning, implementation, and development of relevant training program.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, toolkits, fact sheets and other communications.
- Provide timely and clear communication of training program updates.
- Empower adult learning and methods to facilitate interactive and engaging discussions and trainings.
- Build different strategies on anti-racism transformation strategies for organizational culture, systems, policies, and practices.
- Coordinate and implement organizational assessment activities including employee surveys, focus groups, and stakeholder interviews.
- Performs other duties as required by the Anti-Racism Director.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements
- Advanced degree in a relevant area (e.g., sociology, Social Worker, public policy, organizational development) and at least (2) years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to present information in a variety of formats and styles for different audiences
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops
- Ability to skillfully lead others through critical self-reflection on the role of race, power, and privilege in shaping personal and organizational biases and decision making
- Experience conducting surveys and focus groups
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office
- Attention to detail, strong time management skills and the ability to work independently and to take initiative in anticipating and completing tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development.
- Ability to understand and comply with HMC Mission, Vision, Policies and Procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle as this position will be working throughout Halton.
- Being a member of the BIPOC Community would be considered an asset.
Posting closes: August 10, 2021 @ 4 pm. Rate of pay $28.83/hr and a 35 hour work week on contract until March 31, 2022 (possibility of extension depending on funding). Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Antiracism in the subject line. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted, no phone calls please.