Life Enrichment Worker
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Penetanguishene, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
DATE: June 23rd , 2022
LOCATION: Penetanguishene,ON - LOFT Specialized Senior Services at Georgian Bay Seniors Lodge)
COMPENSATION: $43,821– $53,476 (Annually Prorated)
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving approximately 10,000 annually and providing 1,733 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind.
LOFT stands for Leap of Faith Together. Our employees have an opportunity to take calculated risks and lead the way in the creation, implementation and evaluation of system wide solutions. We work hard. We care passionately. We celebrate. Our staff are the key to our success. LOFT is recognized as a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient and we believe that our LOFTy culture is at the core of everything we do.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Life Enrichment Worker.
Working within a team of other professionals, the Life Enrichment Worker will enhance the quality of life for clients facing complex challenges which could include mental health and/or addiction challenges, cognitive impairment, ongoing physical health issues, responsive behaviours and/or other neurological disorders who are living within our Enhanced Assisted Living programs.
The Life Enrichment Worker plans, coordinates, implements and directs recreational, educational or therapeutic activity programs that assist residents in maintaining and developing intellectual, physical, spiritual, social and recreational opportunities and, further assists in building interpersonal relationships and social skills.
*Note: All LOFT employees are required to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with LOFT’s Vaccination Policy. A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment. In addition, staff may be required to work days, evening, overnights and weekend shifts as we are a 24hour supportive housing assisted living site. Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.*
- Degree and/or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or recreation with a therapeutic concentration.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with vulnerable, older adults and seniors who may be living with mental illness, cognitive and neurological illnesses, addiction challenges and/or responsive behaviours who have been longer term hospital patients.
- Knowledge and training in GPA, Montessori Methods for Dementia, PIECES and Restorative Care.
- Knowledge and proven experience working with clients in a PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) approach.
- Ability to organize and work with individuals and groups in the areas of assessment, program planning and problem solving.
- Ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner.
- Physically able to perform required duties.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with minimal supervision with proven reliability and trustworthiness.
- Valid drivers’ license and access to own vehicle is required.
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese or ability to communicate in a different language is an asset.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability and Defined Benefits Pensions Plan
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off per year: We observe 10 public and civic holidays, vacation days and paid sick days. On top of that, we have paid float days which you are encouraged to take (no justification required)
- E-learning program available all year round and accessible at your convenience; just sign up for mandatory trainings and others which you are interested in
- Professional development budget available to help you nurture and shape your career
- Corporate Gym membership rate with GoodLife Fitness
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “LEW – GB” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: July 7th , 2022