Senior Site Manager, Eva's Place
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- North York, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Posting #: 2018-90
Senior Site Manager, Eva’s Place (Full-Time, Permanent)
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth provides safe shelter, supportive services, and long-term solutions to youth homelessness. We believe all young people deserve safe, affordable housing, quality support, and access to the resources to reach their full potential.
Eva’s Place is an emergency shelter that provides living essentials and 24-7 crisis support to 40 youth experiencing homelessness each night in North York. It is home to the Family Reconnect Program which offers proactive, long-term solutions to prevent and reduce homelessness by helping youth re-establish and maintain contact with their families. Its Early Intervention component supports families staying together rather than having at-risk youth enter the shelter system. Eva’s Place leads Education and Life Skills across the agency ensuring every youth has an opportunity to return to school if that is their goal and to build their skills as they exit homelessness and re-integrate back into the community
Eva’s is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
The Senior Site Manager is responsible for the oversight of site services, facility and programs at Eva’s Place, ensuring the smooth and effective operation of shelter services using a youth centered, harm reduction perspective. They work well in a busy environment and respond to crisis in a calm supportive youth centered manner.
The Senior Site Manager is a highly principled, adaptable, confident and energetic leader with a high level of commitment to ending youth homelessness. They have passion, expertise, experience with working with young people, and a commitment to a harm reduction approach. They are an inspirational leader, with exceptional interpersonal, conflict mediation and communication skills. They are experience in supporting life skills and education programs for youth and have a passion for program oversight.
The Senior Site Manager has demonstrated leadership ability to lead and inspire change, and to be able to set and delegate clear priorities in the development of teams and programs. They encourage creativity and collaboration, develop and sustain long-term relationships and partnerships, and foster entrepreneurial and innovative solutions to difficult problems.
This position requires some flexibility in schedule, including evening work, weekends, as well as on-call responsibilities.
- Commitment to Eva’s guiding principles: Reflective, Learning Organization, Young People at the Centre, Relationship-Focused, Justice-Doing (evas.ca/about-us/)
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field or discipline (Social Work, Health Promotion, Public Administration, Social Services) and/or comparable work experience.
- Minimum 3 years supervision experience in social services, preferable with youth.
- Understanding of uses of substance use, mental health, and harm reduction gained through direct experience working with individuals, preferable youth.
- Experience working from and anti-oppression framework.
- Experience working with homeless and at-risk youth, preferably in a residential setting with sound understanding of related issues and resources
- Sound understanding of the issues facing marginalized, at-risk, marginally housed and homeless youth.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and support a diverse staff team.
- Experience supervising a staff team utilizing a case management model.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Valid G Class driver’s license with a clean abstract is an asset
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to indicate Senior Site Manager 2018-90 in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. Eva’s would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Eva’s provides accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Eva’s acknowledges the sacred land on which our organization stands, the territory of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River. The territory was the subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and Confederacy of the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. We are grateful to work here and we are mindful of broken covenants and the need to strive to make right with all our relations.
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth
Administrative Office: 401 Richmond Street West, Suite 245, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3A8
Phone 416-977-4497 | Email email@example.com | Website www.evas.ca
Connect with us @evasinitiatives
Organization Description not provided